Fact Sheet Medical Park Reithofpark - Orthopaedics and Neurology
We can help patients with chronical neurological disorders, such as Parkinson’s syndrome and multiple sclerosis delay the progress of the disease and thus continue to live an active, independent life.
The neurological rehabilitation programs offered at Medical Park clinics cover:
- Stroke (phases B, C and D)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle weakness, such as myasthenia and neuromuscular disorders
- Disorders of the neural pathways, such as polyneuropathies
- Seizure disorders, i. e. epilepsy
- Neurological pain syndromes, such as neuralgia
- Injuries to the spinal cord, such as paraplegia
- Injuries to the brain, such as craniocerebral injuries
In the areas of orthopaedics, traumatology and sports medicine our clinics cover the entire range of medical services - from diagnostics to treatment and therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system
- Congenital and acquired disorders of the musculoskeletal and locomotor systems
- Degenerative and chronic disorders of joints and spine
- Postoperative management and rehabilitation following surgical procedures, after injuries to the musculoskeletal system and accidents
- Prevention of disorders of the musculoskeletal system
- Sports injuries and sports-related disorders
We regard state-of-the art technology and techniques in diagnosing, understanding and treating disorders of the entire musculoskeletal system and a holistic, interdisciplinary approach to therapy as a matter of course.
As we enter the new year, countries around the world are preparing to start mass vaccination in an effort to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Multiple vaccine candidates have been approved by different health authorities worldwide, and some countries have already started vaccinating their citizens.
Between the decades of 1910 and 1920, Dr. Ludwig Roemheld studied the phenomenon in which patients suffering from digestive problems and no detectable heart issues would experience cardiac symptoms.
Piriformis syndrome and herniated discs are painful conditions of the back. Both can cause sciatica. Sciatica is a type of pain that affects your lower back and legs. It occurs due to irritated or compressed sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve travels down the back to the legs.