Date of Last Revision: September 8, 2018
Mya Care (Mya) a Limited Liability company with registered office at 4th Floor, Harbour Place, 103 South Church Street, P.O. Box 10240, Grand Cayman KY1-1002, Cayman Islands manages www.myacare.com, an online portal connecting Care Providers and other service providers around the globe with customers. Mya is committed in respecting the privacy of every person who accesses this website or avails its products and services through this website (together referred to as "Services"). You may share your personal information upon accessing this website or by availing our Services. Your privacy is important to us and we strive to take reasonable care and protection of the information we receive from you.
Any consent on your part is entirely voluntary. However, if you do not grant the requested consent to the processing of your Personal Data, the use of this service may not be permissible.
Mya Care ("us", "we", or "our") operates the website and service (the "Service") and will be the “controller”, as defined in the Directive and the GDPR.
Information we collect
- Personal Information
When you register with this website or access the website or avail the Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information: age, gender, first and last name, birth date, title, zip code/pin code, occupation, industry, personal interests, health related history, company or any other physical address, contact number, email or other contact information and other relevant data as desired by us. Questions or comments submitted by visitors may also be regarded as Personal Information.
- Non-Personal Information
We may additionally collect and track Non-Personal Information about your website visit including the domain name and the name of the web page from which you use our Services, how much time you have spent on each of our web pages, the Internet Protocol (IP) address associated with your computer, tablet or mobile phone, operating system and platform, transaction history, pages viewed, information searched for or requested for and other relevant statistics. We will use this information for the purposes of improving the performance and operations of our website and Services. If you send Mya a message, this message can be stored to process it, to compile statistical information, to improve our services and support, or to get in touch with you. Communication between you and a Care Provider via email may be sent through Mya. The content of these emails may be retained by Mya in order to assist clients and clinics in tracking their communication.
- Billing, Collection and Payment Information
- HIPAA and PHI
This applies to you only if you are a resident of United States of America. Under a federal law called the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), some, health and/or health-related information that we collect as part of providing the Services may be considered “protected health information” or “PHI.” Specifically, when we receive identifiable information about you from or on behalf of your Care Providers, this information is considered PHI. HIPAA provides specific protections for the privacy and security of PHI and restricts how PHI is used and disclosed. We may only use and disclose your PHI in the ways permitted by your Care Provider(s).
How We Collect Information
We collect information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include: When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for Care Providers, searching for available appointments with Care Providers etc; When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like; If you download or install anything from the website, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services; Through cookies, web beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below; and When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
The Data/ Information collected namely Personal Information, Non-Personal Information, Log Data, Analytical Information and other information as stated in this policy will be retained by Mya Care for the period wherein the data is essential for achieving the purpose of data processing.
The cookies in use can be categorized as follows:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target advertisements to you on our and other websites.
(2) Product cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
We have no access to third party cookies and third party organizations have no access to ours. The third party organizations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
You can disable cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Mya Care is not liable for any information provided on the third party websites.
We may use third-party Data Processor who may process your information on behalf of us by which they may perform a set of operations on your information. They may be identified as follow:
- Service Providers- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Communications- We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
- Payment Provider- We may use a Third-Party Payment–provider who processes all payments you may make to us and we may provide them with relevant data to facilitate the payment process.
Personal Information and its usage
We may collect and use your Personal Information to:
- send you, from time to time, via email or SMS, updates or news regarding the Services;
- transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company;
- send you updates or news regarding the Services, but you may choose not to receive email of this type by using the unsubscribe option or by intimating us through email;
- allow you to subscribe to our newsletters;
- seek your feedback or to contact you in relation to the Services offered;
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- anticipate and resolve problems related to the Services;
- respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of the website or as otherwise required by law.
We may also remove all the personally identifiable information and use the rest for historical, statistical or scientific purposes. We do not sell, rent or trade your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
You hereby consent that the collection and use of any Personal Information or any other information as disclosed under this Policy shall not cause any loss or wrongful gain to you. Further, you also hereby consent and acknowledge to be bound by the website terms and conditions as detailed at Terms and Conditions.
You authorize us to exchange, share, part with all information (Personal and Non-Personal), across borders and from your country and jurisdiction to any other countries and jurisdictions across the world, with any agent/third party service provider/ partners / banks and financial institutions/credit bureaus and agencies/ Care Providers / participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network as may be required to provide Services to you or as may be required by law, customary practice, credit reporting, statistical analysis and credit scoring, verification or risk management and shall not hold us liable for use or disclosure of this information.
The security of your Information is important to us. We have reasonable security measures to safeguard and protect your personal information from unauthorized access. We restrict access to your personal information to our employees, agents, third party service providers, partners, banks and financial institutions, credit bureaus and agencies and Care Providers as may be required who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals may be bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
While we will endeavor to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you and prevent unauthorized access, you acknowledge that the internet is not 100% secure and that we cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of your personal information. We will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the internet.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
- We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various Products on our behalf.
- We may share your Personal Information with Care Provider with whom you choose to schedule through the Services.
- To make your information more securely and easily accessible to your Care Providers, we may share your Personal Information with Health Information Exchanges and related organizations that collect and organize your information.
- We may share your Personal Information with the insurance provider you identify to us (and via our partners) to determine eligibility.
- Mya will cooperate with all government and law enforcement officials and any others to comply with the law. If requested, we will disclose any information about you to government, law enforcement officials or private parties in our sole discretion if we believe it necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas). This action may be taken to protect the property and rights of our company or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity that is illegal or unethical.
Protecting the privacy of every minor is equally important to us. The website and Services are not structured to attract minor children less than thirteen (13) years and you hereby acknowledge that you are above the age of thirteen (13) years while availing the Services.
Third Party Links
To the extent that you provide us with your Personal Information, we wish to maintain your Personal Information accurate at all times. If you need to update or correct your Personal Information for any reason, you may update this directly yourself or send updates and corrections to us at email@example.com and we may take all reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in your Personal Information within a reasonable period of time.
Data Subject’s Rights
GDPR, to which we adhere to in its entirety, provides for rights of the Data Subject. You, as the Data Subject, have a right to require information about your data being processed and correction of any incorrect data. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, right of Data Erasure, Data Portability and Right to Access subject to the provisions of GDPR. The information, within the meaning of this clause, shall be provided free of charge unless the request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”.