Degree and residency
Degree: MS(General Surgery), PGI, Chandigarh, 1984
Residency: MCh (CTVS), AIIMS, New Delhi, 1988
- Started cardiac surgical programs at Puttaparthi, Whitefield and Max.
- Leading the designing and development of over 50 surgical instruments.
- Conducted over 15,000 successful cardiac and vascular procedures.
Procedures Performed: 15,000
- Delivered the prestigious P.K. Sen Oration at the CT Conference, 2009
- Performed the youngest bypass in the world literature with coronary aneurysm repair at the age of 18 months, 2007
- Did the first extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) in India, 2000
- Used for the first time harmonic scalpel for the harvest of radial/internal mammary artery conduits in India, 1995
- Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery- USA : Performed total arterial revascularization on youngest patient in world literature, 2005
- Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery-USA : Described a new operative technique for coarctation of aortic with type – B aortic dissection, 2002
- Indian Heart Journal : Published one of the largest experiences of arterial switch procedure for transposition of great arteries , 2002
- Annals of Thoracic Surgery (USA) accredited by Medtronic : Reports on angiographic follow-up of OPCAB (Beating Heart CABG) from India, 2000
- Annals of Thoracic Surgery-USA : Third report in the world literature on radial artery angiographic follow up, 1999
- Annals of thoracic surgery-USA : Described a new – operative technique for repair of supra-cardiac total anomalous pulmonary venous drainage, 1996