National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH)
Degree and residency
Degree: FCCP - Pulmonary Medicine, DNB - Respiratory Diseases, MBBS, MD - Pulmonary Medicine
- Dr. Chhajed is a Pulmonologist working at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital
- Director: Lung Care and Sleep Center Fortis Hiranandani Hospital
- Consultant: Lilavati and Nanvati Hospitals
- He is a recognized expert in all facets of Bronchoscopy and Pleuroscopy
- He has been an active clinical researcher in the area of Interventional Pulmonology, Interstitial Lung Disease, Obstructive Airways Disease and Lung Transplantation.
- 2006: “Swiss TB Award” – Tueller C, Chhajed PN et al. Value of smear and PCR in bronchoalveolar lavage in culture positive pulmonary tuberculosis.
- 2005: “Interventional Pulmonology – Best Presentation Award”,European Respiratory Society, Denmark Chhajed et al. “Interventional bronchoscopy permits parenchyma sparing surgery in lung cancer”.
- 2005: “Best Paper Award”. Swiss Pulmonology Meeting. Azzola A, Havrik A, Chhajed PN, et al. ‘In vitro Proliferation of human fibroblast in IPF & its inhibition by immunosuppressive drugs’.
- 2004: “Best Paper Award”: JAPI. Shah, Singal, Chhajed et al. ‘Bronchoscopic closure of BPF using gelfoam’.
- 2004: “CHARAK Award” for Achievements in Medical Research, Red Swastik Society of India, Mumbai.
- 2000: “Clinical Prize for Research Excellence”, 10th Annual St Vincent Research Symposium, Sydney.
- 1996: “Ranked second” at the University of Bombay for M.D.
- 1996: “Ranked first”, College of Physicians & Surgeons (CPS), Mumbai – PG examination for DETRD.
- 2015 – 2018: Secretary, Interventional Pulmonology Group (1.4), European Respiratory Society.
- 2014 – 2017: Chairman, Indian Chest Society, West Zone.
- 2005 – 2016: Program Committee, Clinical Problems Assembly, American Thoracic Society, USA.
- 2013 – 2015: Long Range Planning Committee, European Respiratory Society.
- 2009 – 2013: Governer, American College of Chest Physician.
- 2009 – 2012: Treasurer, Indian Association for Bronchology.
- 2007 – 2009: Joint Secretary, Indian Association for Bronchology.
- 2006 – 2010: Secretary, European Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology.
- 2006 – 2009: Planning Committee, Clinical Problems Assembly, American Thoracic Society, USA.
- 2005– 2006: Vice-President, European Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology Editorial Board.
- 2010 – to date Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics.
- 2008 – to date Respiration.
- 2007 – to date Indian Journal of Chest Diseases & Allied Sciences.
- 2006 – to date Indian Journal of Bronchology.
- 2004 – to date Journal of Bronchology (USA).
- 2006 –2010 CHEST (Official Journal of American College of Chest Physicians).
Peer Reviewed Journals: 120 (One hundred twenty)