Degree and residency
Degree: King George Medical College, Lucknow
Residency: King George Medical College, Lucknow
• Performed first Percutaneous Aortic valve implantation without surgery in India.
• Author to over 100 articles and reviewer in leading medical journals
• Awarded Padma Shri in 2016 by the Hon'ble President of India
• Padma Shri Award, 2016.
• Recognition Award for Success and achievement in the field of angioplasty in India, 1998
• JAMA : Intracoronary Stents: Present and Future, 1998
• JAMA : Intravascular Ultrasound: Current Applications, 1998
• Cardiology Today : Specific Stenting: Matching the lesion with appropriate stent , 1997
• Indian heart Journal : Percutaneous balloon pericardiotomy in a patient with end stage renal disease with recurrent pericardial effusion & pericardial tamponade, 2010 Click here for Publications Link
• JAMA : Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation and infarct size in patients with acute anterior myocardial infarction without shock: the CRISP AMI randomized trial, 2011