Degree and residency
Degree: D.M. (Gastroenterology) AIIMS, New Delhi, 1983
Residency: Visiting Fellowship in ERCP, Brigham & Women Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA, 1993
Credited with establishing and integrating therapy with GI Endoscopy in India. Pioneered various treatment options in the field of Gastroenterology, Gastro Intestinal Cancers and Hepatic diseases. Gold medalist and “Master in Endoscopy” as conferred by Indian Society of Gastroenterology
• Membership of Faculty of 1000 medicine, 2005.
• Conferred Visiting Professorship, University of Texas Medical Branch, 2005.
• Indian Society of Gastroenterology “Master in Endoscopy” gold medal, 2004.
• Awarded Bharat Ratna Priyadarshini award by Delhi University, 2004.
• Awarded Fellowship of International Academy of Medical Specialities, 2000.
• Conferred Visiting Professorship, Harvard Medical School, 1999.
• First Prize for standing first in First Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
• Bronze Medal for standing second in Anatomy in First Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
• Bronze Medal for standing second in Physiology in First Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
• Silver Medal for standing first in Pathology and Microbiology in Second Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
• Silver Medal for standing First in ENT in Final Professional Examination.
• Silver Medal for standing First in Medicine in Final M.B.B.S Examination.
• Silver Medal for standing First in Clinical Medicine Examination.
• Bronze Medal for standing Second in Surgery in final Professional M.B.B.S. Examination.
• First Prize for Standing First in Final Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
• University Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for standing First in Final M.B.B.S Guru Nanak Dev University Punjab.
• Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology : Innovative Approach of Using Esophageal Stent for Refractory Post-Band Ligation Esophageal Ulcer Bleed Following Living Donor Liver Transplantation, 2016.
• Gastrointestinal Endoscopy : Mo2061 Comparison of Endoscopic Ultrasound Guided Fine Needle Aspiration By Capillary Action, Suction and No Suction Methods: A Randomized Blinded Study, 2016.
• Gastrointestinal Endoscopy : Diagnostic yield of EUS-guided FNA and cytology in suspected tubercular intra-abdominal lymphadenopathy, 2012.
• Gastrointestinal Endoscopy : Diagnosis of isolated pancreatic tuberculosis: the role of EUS-guided FNA cytology, 2012.
• Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology : High prevalence of drug resistant bacterial isolates from ascitic fluid among cirrhotic patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, from a tertiary care hospital in India, 2013