Dr. Adarsh Chaudhary
Address: CH Baktawar Singh Road, Sector 38, Gurgaon, Haryana, 122001, India
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Adarsh Chaudhary is the Chairman of the Department of GI Surgery, GI Oncology and Bariatric Surgery, Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences. Having trained in UK and the USA, Dr. Adarsh Chaudhary is a doctor with a rich experience in Hepatabillary and Pancreatic surgery. He was instrumental in starting one of the first departments of Surgical Gastroenterology in India.
He has also won a number of highly prestigious awards and has been inducted in to respected medical associations such as his fellowships at the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and the World Health Organization, United States.View Contact Details
Degree: M.S. (General Surgery) Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Chandigarh 1981
Residency: FRCS, Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons 2004
- Highest number of Whipple's Surgery in India.
- Started first department of surgical gastroenterology in India.
- Awarded Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) of Edinburgh, 2004.
- Vocational Achivement Award by Rotary Club New Delhi, 2002.
- Samaj Ratan Award by for contribution to the field of G.I.Surgery, 2001.
- World Health Organisation Fellowship, University of California Los Angeles, U.S.A. Department of Liver Transplantation, 1999.
- International Guest Speaker Award, Japan Surgical Society, 1996.
- DAAD fellow [German Academic Exchange], 1995.
- Best paper award, Association of Surgeon’s of India [North Chapter], Shimla, 1982.
- Pfizer Gold Medal and Scholarship for Postgraduate studies, 1978.
- First in M.B.B.S. - Speciality of Medicine, Awarded Dr. Devi Chand Memorial Gold Medal, 1977.
- First position in M.B.B.S. Awarded Dr. Kranti Memorial Gold Medal, 1977.
- First position in Physiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Second position in Preventive Medicine, Ophthalmology & Otorrhinolaryngology.
- Pancreatology: The cost of Pancreatoduodenectomy – An analysis of clinical determinants, Pancreatology, 2016.
- Journal of the pancreas: Predicting Post-Pancreatoduodenectomy Complications – Is it Possible?, 2016.
- World Journal of Surgery: Determinants of Surgical Site Infections Following Pancreatoduodenectomy, 2015.
- Indian Journal of Surgery: Improving Survival of Pancreatic Cancer. What Have We Learnt?, 2015.
- Indian Journal of Gastroenterology: Antibiotic use in acute pancreatitis: An Indian multicenter observational study, Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, 2014.
- Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS)
- Endoscopic Bariatric Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer Treatment
- Upper and Lower GI Oncosurgery
- Whipple Procedure
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) of Edinburgh