Dr. David M Ozog
Address: 1 Ford Pace, Detroit, Michigan, 48202, United States, Wayne State University
About the Doctor
I specialize in Cosmetic Dermatology, Mohs Surgery, and Scarring Prevention and Treatment.
To consider all aspects of our patients experience - including their biological disease process, their social environment, as well as their perception of their condition. This philosophy is applied to all of our medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology patients. I enjoy a variety of patients but devote a significant portion of my practice to cosmetic, surgical, and organ transplantation patients. My current research includes scarring and skin transplantation with a focus on burn scars and scar prevention.View Contact Details
Degree: University of Rochester NY 2000
Residency: St Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, Transitional, MI
- Dr. David M Ozog currently works with Henry Ford Health System
- He specializes in Dermatology
- He provides services for Botox and Facial Fillers, Cancer Surgery, Melanoma, Mohs Surgery, Skin Cancer, Skin Repair and Care.
- 2006 - Teacher of the Year, Henry Ford Hospital Department of Dermatology
- 2001 - Intern of the Year, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
- 1999 - Alpha Omega Alpha – Medical Honors Society, University of Rochester School of Medicine
- 1998-1999 - Class of 1954/Rochester Prize Scholarship, University of Rochester School of Medicine
- 1997 - American College of Physicians, Summer externship award
- 1994 - James B. Angell Scholar (4.0 GPA), University of Michigan
- The importance of the minimum dosage necessary for UVC decontamination of N95 respirators during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation: possible method for respirator disinfection to facilitate reuse during COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Efficacy of Surgical Excision Plus Adjuvant Multimodal Therapies in the Treatment of Keloids: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Laser Treatment of Traumatic Scars and Contractures: 2020 International Consensus Recommendations.
- Sebaceous carcinoma: evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- Update and Review of Bleeding Considerations in Dermatologic Surgery: Anticoagulants and Antiplatelets.
- Update and Review of Bleeding Considerations in Dermatologic Surgery: Hemostatic Techniques and Treatment Strategies for Bleeding Complications.
- Disease Severity and Quality of Life Outcome Measurements in Patients With Keloids: A Systematic Review.
- Battling Neuropathic Scar Pain With Botulinum Toxin
- Managing and Reducing Office Expenses in Dermatology Surgery.
- Ecchymotic Nodule on the Scalp: Challenge.
- Ecchymotic Nodule on the Scalp: Answer.
- Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines for Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma: Informed by a Systematic Review.
- Emerging imaging technologies in dermatology: Part I: Basic principles.
- Emerging imaging technologies in dermatology: Part II: Applications and limitations.
- The Role of Cadavers in Resident Education.
- A Comparative Analysis of Electric and Radiofrequency Microneedling Devices on the Market.
- Cosmetic Dermatology Training During Residency: Outcomes of a Resident-Reported Survey.
- Research Techniques Made Simple: Single-Cell RNA Sequencing and its Applications in Dermatology.
- The Effects of Postoperative Intralesional Corticosteroids in the Prevention of Recurrent Earlobe Keloids: A Multispecialty Retrospective Review.
- Laser-Induced Neocollagenesis in Focal Dermal Hypoplasia Associated With Goltz Syndrome in a Girl.
- Isotretinoin and Timing of Procedural Interventions: A Systematic Review With Consensus Recommendations.
- Injectable and topical neurotoxins in dermatology: Indications, adverse events, and controversies.
- Injectable and topical neurotoxins in dermatology: Basic science, anatomy, and therapeutic agents.
- Cutting Out the Tracts: Staged Excisions for Dissecting Cellulitis of the Scalp.
- Implantable Body Jewelry and Methods for Their Removal.
- Scalp Closures With Pulley Sutures Reduce Time and Cost Compared to Traditional Layered Technique-A Prospective, Randomized, Observer-Blinded Study.
- Photodynamic Therapy: A Clinical Consensus Guide.
- Rapid healing of chronic ulcerations and improvement in range of motion after fractional carbon dioxide (CO2) treatment after CO2 excision of hidradenitis suppurativa axillary lesions: A case report.
- Prospective Randomized Split-Face Comparative Study Between Topical Botulinum Toxin A Surface Application and Local Injection for Crow's Feet.
- Creating and Editing Video to Accompany Manuscripts.
- Laser-assisted delivery of vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid formula serum decreases fractional laser postoperative recovery by increased beta fibroblast growth factor expression.
- Hand rejuvenation.
- The utility of dermoscopy in directing laser therapy.
- Updates on Psoriasis and Cutaneous Oncology: Proceedings from the 2015 MauiDerm Meeting.
- Achieving Optimal En Face Tissue Sections During Staged Lentigo Maligna Excisions: A Novel Technique.
- Comparison of Traditional Superficial Cutaneous Sutures Versus Adhesive Strips in Layered Dermatologic Closures on the Back-A Prospective, Randomized, Split-Scar Study.
- Genome-Wide Scan for Methylation Profiles in Keloids.
- Discussing Fractional Carbon Dioxide Laser and Other Physical Treatments for Scar Prevention With Patients.
- Microstructural and molecular considerations in the treatment of scars with ablative fractional lasers.
- The suspension (Frost) suture: experience and applications.
- Prospective randomized controlled study to determine the effect of topical application of botulinum toxin A for crow's feet after treatment with ablative fractional CO2 laser.
- Vascular patterns in mature hypertrophic burn scars treated with fractional CO2 laser.
- Photodynamic therapy.
- Treatment of atrophic scars with fractionated CO2 laser facilitating delivery of topically applied poly-L-lactic acid.
- Laser assisted drug delivery: a review of an evolving technology.
- Novel nonablative radio-frequency rejuvenation device applied to the neck and jowls: clinical evaluation and 3-dimensional image analysis.
- Laser-assisted patient positioning: a straightforward method to ensure consistent head and neck aesthetic photographs.
- Evaluation of clinical results, histological architecture, and collagen expression following treatment of mature burn scars with a fractional carbon dioxide laser.
- Clinical and molecular effects on mature burn scars after treatment with a fractional CO(2) laser.
- Pulsed dye laser and pulsed dye laser-mediated photodynamic therapy in the treatment of dermatologic disorders.
- Current methods employed in the prevention and minimization of surgical scars.
- Recommendations and current practices for the reconstitution and storage of botulinum toxin type A.
- A randomized split-scar study of intraoperative treatment of surgical wound edges to minimize scarring.
- Autologous noncultured melanocyte-keratinocyte transplantation procedure in an African American man with postburn leukoderma.
- Melanocyte-keratinocyte transplantation procedure in the treatment of vitiligo: the experience of an academic medical center in the United States.
- Predicting efficacy of fractional carbon dioxide laser treatment for resurfacing.
- Granuloma annulare successfully treated using fractional photothermolysis with a 1,550-nm erbium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet fractionated laser.
- Reduced number of actinic keratoses with topical application of DNA repair enzyme creams.
- Histopathologic study of hidradenitis suppurativa following long-pulsed 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser treatment.
- JAAD grand rounds quiz*: Renal transplant patient with vegetative plaque on the cheek.
- Safety and efficacy of erbium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet fractionated laser for treatment of acne scars in type IV to VI skin.
- Prospective controlled clinical and histopathologic study of hidradenitis suppurativa treated with the long-pulsed neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet laser.
- Randomized control trial for the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa with a neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet laser.
- Treatment of surgical scars with nonablative fractional laser versus pulsed dye laser: a randomized controlled trial.
- Intrafollicular orifice injection technique for botulinum toxin type A.
- Photodynamic therapy for actinic keratoses: survey of patient perceptions of treatment satisfaction and outcomes.
- Acrodermatitis paraneoplastica responding to topical PUVA treatment.
- Use of purse-string suture technique in closure of flesh tunnel defects of the bilateral earlobes.
- Henry Ford Hospital dermatology experience with Levulan Kerastick and blue light photodynamic therapy.
- Henry Ford Cancer Institute