Dr. Donald John Babu Chazoor
Address: Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Mini, Seashore Rd, Sector 10, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400703, India
About the Doctor
Dr. Donald Babu specializes in 'Robotic and 'laparoscopic 'Surgeries, ‘LASER’, ‘Organ Preservation Surgeries’ for Cancer.He has an experience of 12 years in Surgical Oncology.
He finished his basic training in General Surgery at Seth GS Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai after which he completed his course in Onco-Surgery from Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital. In his 4 years of service at Tata Hospital, he has acquired skills in dealing with early and advanced cancers. This includes Surgical and Medical management of the same.
He has special interests in Minimal Invasive Techniques (Robotic & Laparoscopy) in the field of Oncosurgery and has garnered fellowships in the same. The interest in Laparoscopy started from his residency days at KEM hospital where Laparoscopy was the norm for benign conditions. He has developed his own 'Homemade Laparoscopic entertainer' with Lap instruments and practices it religiously.
His interest also lies in ‘Organ-preserving surgeries’ and believes Radical Surgery is a thing of the past. Breast Conservation Surgeries, Sphincter preservation for the Rectum, Mandible preservation for Oral Malignancies, Partial Nephrectomy to name a few.View Contact Details
Degree: MBBS MS (KEM) FCPSFICS FAIS(General Surgery)
Residency: Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai
- Dr. Donald Babu is a Senior Consultant Surgical Oncology at Fortis Hospital Vashi
- He has performed more than 2000 Cancer Surgeries.
- He has acquired skills in dealing with early and advanced cancers.
- He has also worked at Outreach center of Tata at Sangrur, Punjab and Chiplun, Maharashtra for a period of almost a year where OPD and OR were managed independently.
- Gold Medalist at the European Board of Surgical Oncology
- Current Research Project Co-investigator in “Prospective Comparative Study of Swallowing Quality of Life between patients undergoing ‘Conventional Glossectomy’ with Hyoid fixation and ‘Mylohyoid preserving Glossectomy with natural Hyoid positioning” being conducted at the Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai under guidance of Dr. Prathamesh Pai, MS[ENT], DNB, DORL, MNAMS, Professor of Head and Neck Oncology.
- Post Graduate Dissertation Worked on a research project and completed a dissertation entitled ‘Role of Antibiotic prophylaxis in Hernia surgery ‘under the guidance of Dr. ShilpaRao, MS, MRCS, FACRSI, Professor of Surgery, Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai.
- 24 Hour Care
- Air Ambulance
- Customer Service
- Dietitian Services
- Electronic Health Record
- GP Home Visits
- Health Screening
- Hotel Visits
- International Patient Coordinator
- Language Interpreters
- Medical Records Transfer
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Patient Counseling
- Translation Services
- Video Consultations for Overseas Patients
- ASI - Association of Surgeons of Mumbai
- ICS - International College of Surgeons
- Aetna Global Benefits
- Allianz Global Assistance/AWP Services (India) Private Limited/Allianz Partner
- ARMS (Asia Rescue & Medical Services)
- Bharti Assist Global Private Limited
- Bupa International Health Insurance
- East West Rescue
- Euro-Center Thailand
- Europ Assistance India
- Falck India Private Limited
- Geo Blue/HTH Worldwide
- Global Choice (Generali Global Health)/ CNM Global
- GMC International/Henner International
- HTH_Geo Blue
- International SOS Services (INDIA) Private Limited
- Meera Rescue
- Omniland Assurances
- Paramount Healthcare Management Pvt. Ltd
- Prestige International
- Well be
- Assist Card
- Bupa Arabia
- CIGNA International
- Pelvic Sinus Histiocytosis – A Benign Condition mimicking malignancy; Presented as a poster at the Women’s Cancer Initiative [WCI] Conference held at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai on 27th October 2013
- Compound Volvulus of the Ileum and Sigmoid – A rare presentation of Acute Intestinal Obstruction Presented as a poster in the Maharashtra State Chapter Conference [MASICON] held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in March 2011. Won 1st Prize.
- Acute on chronic pancreatitis due to monosodium glutamate’Chinese restaurant illness.’ Presented as a poster in the 33rd annual conference Maharashtra State Chapter of ASI held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in February 2011.
- Role of antibiotic prophylaxisfor inguinal hernioplasty in reducing SSI post operatively. Presented as a poster in the 33rd annual conference Maharashtra State Chapter of ASI held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in February 2011.
- Hemosuccus Pancteaticus in a patient of chronic pancreatitis. Presented as a poster in the 33rd annual conference Maharashtra State Chapter of ASI held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in February 2011