Dr. Ellen L Air
Address: 1 Ford Pace, Detroit, Michigan, 48202, United States, Wayne State University
About the Doctor
Dr. Ellen Air-Neurosurgeon with clinical interests in Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, tremors, Deep brain stimulation (DBS), DBS with intraoperative MRI, dopamine disorders, dyskinesia, movement disorders, epilepsy, botox, cervical dystonia.View Contact Details
Degree: University of Cincinnati OH
Residency: University of Cincinnati, Neurosurgery
- Dr. Ellen L Air, currently works with Henry Ford Health System.
- Adapting to Space Limitations During Prone Real-Time Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Guided Stereotaxic Laser Ablation: Technical Pearls.
- Effects of surgical targeting in laser interstitial thermal therapy for mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: A multicenter study of 234 patients.
- Commentary: What Is A Case Control Study?
- Post-operative nonketotic hyperglycemic induced focal motor status epilepticus related to treatment with corticosteroids following standard anterior temporallobectomy.
- Functional Neuroanatomy of Secondary Self-Injurious Behavior.
- Multimodal Imaging in a Patient with Hemidystonia Responsive to GPi Deep Brain Stimulation.
- Use of social media to assess the effectiveness of vagal nerve stimulation in Dravet syndrome: A caregiver's perspective.
- TLE lateralization using whole brain structural connectivity.
- DTI-based response-driven modeling of mTLE laterality.
- Racial disparities in the diagnosis and management of trigeminal neuralgia.
- Atypical meningiomas: is postoperative radiotherapy indicated?
- Exaggerated phase-amplitude coupling in the primary motor cortex in Parkinson disease.
- DTI values in key white matter tracts from infancy through adolescence.
- Management strategies after nondiagnostic results with frameless stereotactic needle biopsy: Retrospective review of 28 patients.
- Air EL, Warnick RE, McPherson CM.
- Electrophysiologic monitoring for placement of laminectomy leads for spinal cord stimulation under general anesthesia.
- Acute effects of thalamic deep brain stimulation and thalamotomy on sensorimotor cortex local field potentials in essential tremor.
- Deep brain stimulation in children: experience and technical pearls.
- Isolated cerebellar mucormycosis, slowly progressive over 1 year in an immunocompetent patient.
- Longitudinal comparison of pre- and postoperative diffusion tensor imaging parameters in young children with hydrocephalus.
- Anisotropic diffusion properties in infants with hydrocephalus: a diffusion tensor imaging study.
- Comparing the risks of frameless stereotactic biopsy in eloquent and noneloquent regions of the brain: a retrospective review of 284 cases.
- Management of vagal nerve stimulator infections: do they need to be removed?
- Clinical prediction of functional outcome after ischemic stroke: the surprising importance of periventricular white matter disease and race.
- Validity of a retrospective National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale scoring methodology in patients with severe stroke.
- Diabetes, the metabolic syndrome, and ischemic stroke: epidemiology and possible mechanisms.
- Diabetes: impact on stroke risk and poststroke recovery.
- Two novel paradigms for the simultaneous assessment of conditioned taste aversion and food intake effects of anorexic agents.
- Increased dietary fat attenuates the anorexic effects of intracerebroventricular injections of MTII.
- Assessment of the aversive consequences of acute and chronic administration of the melanocortin agonist, MTII.
- Intraventricular melanin-concentrating hormone stimulates water intake independent of food intake.
- The catabolic action of insulin in the brain is mediated by melanocortins.
- Eating elicited by orexin-a, but not melanin-concentrating hormone, is opioid mediated.
- Acute 3rd-ventricular amylin infusion potently reduces food intake but does not produce aversive consequences.
- Insulin and leptin combine additively to reduce food intake and body weight in rats.
- Acute third ventricular administration of insulin decreases food intake in two paradigms.
- Small molecule insulin mimetics reduce food intake and body weight and prevent development of obesity.
- Inhibition of central amylin signaling increases food intake and body adiposity in rats.
- The role of the hypothalamic melanocortin system in behavioral appetitive processes.
- Characterization of the mouse Ron/Stk receptor tyrosine kinase gene.
- Functional characterization of domains contained in hepatocyte growth factor-like protein.
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 is responsible for the liver-specific expression of the gene coding for hepatocyte growth factor-like protein.
- Back and Neck Pain Treatment
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Head Trauma
- Neurosurgery Consultation
- Parkinson's Disease Consultation and Treatment
- Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Surgery for Movement Disorders
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation
- Epilepsy Foundation
- International Essential Tremor Foundation
- International League Against Epilepsy
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation
- Trigeminal Neuralgia - Facial Pain Association