Dr. François Quénet
Address: Carrer de Vilana, 12, 08022 Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalunya, 08022, Spain
About the Doctor
Dr. François Quénet is an expert in digestive and hepatobiliary surgery and is currently practicing at QS Teknon Medical Center. He specializes in the treatment of tumors of the liver and bile ducts, including surgery for liver metastases and complex retroperitoneal tumors.
Dr. Quénet is also the Head of the Hepatobiliary Surgery and Peritoneal Carcinomatosis Unit of the ICM Surgery Department. He has helped develop the PIPAC program, a procedure designed for patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis, and is also the principal investigator of peritoneal carcinomatosis clinic research which includes:
- The multicenter phase III "PRODIGY 7" research
- NIPOX phase I study: Induction therapy
- FLUOCAR study evaluating the toxicity of SGM 101, anti-ACE monoclonal antibody associated with a fluorochrome
Degree: Faculty of Medicine of Montpellier, France
Residency: CHU de Montpellier, France
- Head of the Hepatobiliary Surgery and Peritoneal Carcinomatosis Unit of the ICM Surgery Department
- Chairman of the European High Course of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) for teaching the management of peritoneal carcinomatosis (ESI Hamburg) - 2018
- Former national secretary of the group of surgeons of the centers, from 2008 to 2012
- Professor DIU Peritoneal Carcinomatosis (Pr Glehen, Pr Pocard)and DESC of Cancerology
- Former chief of surgical clinic at the Faculty of Medicine of Montpellier
- Principal investigator of the multicenter phase III "PRODIGY 7" research: evaluate the role of intraoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) after maximum resection of peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin.
- Principal investigator of the "NIPOX" phase I study: Induction therapy by intraperitoneal oxaliplatin intensification of systemic chemotherapy with FOLFIRI for patients with unresectable peritoneal carcinomatosis.
- Principal investigator of the phase I "FLUOCAR" study evaluating the toxicity of SGM 101, anti-ACE monoclonal antibody associated with a fluorochrome, for the intraoperative detection of peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin
- Multicentric collaborations as a leading researcher in ICM in numerous clinical studies in the environment of peritoneal carcinomatosis: HIPOVA-1, ESTOK-01, PIPOX, GASTRICHIP, CHIPOR.
- Surgical researcher of the METHEP 1 and 2 and PACHA01 studies
- Development of a multidisciplinary research program between oncological surgery, interventional radiology and nuclear medicine on the liver function of the remaining liver after a complex hepatectomy PHRC B.Guiu, E Deshayes, F.Quénet: study HYPER-LIV 01: portal simultaneous embolization and sus-hepatic versus portal embolization alone to hypertrophy the future liver remaining before major liver resection in non-cirrhotic liver: a multicenter randomized comparative phase 2 trial.
- Bile Duct Cancer Treatment
- Cancer/Oncology Consultation
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Liver Cancer Treatment
- Pediatric Oncology
- Member of the scientific committee of the RENAPE and BIGRENAPE networks
- Member of the Board of Directors of SFCD (French Society of Digestive Surgery)