Dr. Jason Chin Kuet Tze
Address: Block A & Block B, 282 & 286, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, 50450, Malaysia
About the Doctor
Dr. Jason Chin qualified from Liverpool Medical School in 1985. He completed his MRCP in 1988 and started subspecialty training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology in North West London. He worked in Professor Roy Pounder’s Gastroenterology Unit, and later, in the Liver Unit with Dame Sheila Sherlock, and Professor Andrew Burroughs. Following his Registrar rotation, Jason was a Research Fellow under Professor Burroughs, during this time published several papers in peer-reviewed journals.
In 1996 Jason left Hospital Kuala Lumpur to start a partnership with Dr Anand Bhupalan as gastroenterologist and hepatologist in Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur. The partnership has since grown to 4 (with Dr Ryan Ponnudurai and Dr Mandeep Singh joining the practice).
Since coming back from the United Kingdom in 1993, Jason has been heavily involved with professional societies.
Over the years, he had been involved with organizing international meetings, including the bi-annual International Liver Updates, the annual GUT meetings, and International H pylori meetings.
He was also in the expert panel of various guidelines:
- The 1st Asia - Pacific Consensus Statement on Management of Chronic Hepatitis B (1995)
- Clinical Practice Guidelines on the management of Variceal Bleeding in Malaysia (2004)
- Recommendation for sedation and analgesia by non-anaesthesiologists (2013)
Degree: MBChB Liverpool Medical School 1985
Residency: Gastroenterology and Hepatology in North West London
- Clinical Specialist in the Department of Medicine, Hospital Kuala Lumpur 1993-1996.
- Resident Consultant - Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist in Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur since 1996.
- Biliary Disease Treatment
- Colonic Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophageal Dilatation
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Treatment
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Tract Biopsy
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C Treatment
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Treatment
- Liver Biopsy
- Liver Disease Consultation
- Living Donor Liver Transplant
- Peptic Ulcer Treatment
- Percutaneus Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- President - Malaysian Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- One of the Founding members of the Malaysian Liver Foundation