Dr. Mohd Shafeeq Hasan
Address: Block A & Block B, 282 & 286, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, 50450, Malaysia
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Shafeeq is a registered specialist in Orthodontics in the National Specialist Register and accredited to practice in Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur. He has additional training in orthodontics related to the management of patients with cleft lip and palate as well as patients with dentofacial deformities.
Dr. Shafeeq offers a wide range of orthodontic diagnosis and treatment for all ages. His special focus is on preventive, interceptive orthodontics, and conservative or minimalist approach to orthodontic treatment. He is particularly interested in the non-extraction approach to orthodontics and facial soft tissue harmony.
He is accredited by Invisalign Australia Pty Ltd to provide treatment with Invisalign. He is also accredited in using Incognito Lingual Aesthetic Appliance and Insignia Custom-Designed Appliance.
Dr. Shafeeq obtained his specialist training in Glasgow Dental Hospital and School and attained his Masters in Medical Science in Orthodontics from the University of Glasgow, Scotland in 1998. He then acquired his Membership in Dentofacial Orthopaedics from The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 1999. He was then attached to the Oral Orthopaedic Unit, Glasgow Dental Hospital, and School.
Prior to joining Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur, Dr. Shafeeq was attached to the Department of Children’s Dentistry and Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, the University of Malaya where he held the position of lecturer and clinician. He was involved in teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students. He also conducted research and presented in various dental-related conferences, both as oral and invited speaker.View Contact Details
Degree: Bachelor of Dental Surgery at Malaya and (MSc Orthodontics) University of Glasgow
Residency: Glasgow Dental Hospital and School
- Registered Specialist in Orthodontics in the National Specialist Register
- Resident Consultant at Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur.
- Lecturer and Clinician at Department of Children's Dentistry and Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, the University of Malaya
- The British Orthodontic Society awarded him a commendation at the Optident Prize 1999 for two most outstanding treated cases as judged by an expert panel.
- Academy of Medicine of Malaysia
- Past Assistant Secretary & Treasurer - Malaysian Association of Orthodontists
- Malaysian Dental Association
- Malaysian Private Dental Practitioners Association
- Specialty Subcommittee in Orthodontics - the National Credentialing Committee