Dr. Nagaraj Palankar
Address: Manipal Hospitals 98, HAL Old Airport Rd, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560017, India
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Nagaraj Palankar is a Consultant specialized in Surgical Gastroenterology, HAL Airport Road - Bengaluru. Here is his professional experience in his own words.
I had my basic surgical training during general surgery residency at Bangalore Medical College. In addition to routine general surgical procedures, I had excellent exposure in management of patients with portal hypertension including shunt and non-shunt operations for extrahepatic portal hypertension. I did a project evaluating the outcome of various modalities of treatment in patients with portal hypertension. I had continued exposure in complex gastrointestinal surgery and advanced laparoscopic procedures while I was working as a Senior Resident in Gastrointestinal Surgery at PSRI, New Delhi. During my tenure as Assistant Professor of Surgery at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal from 2004-2006, I was actively involved in teaching the postgraduates basic surgical technique and basic surgical procedures.
Since 2012, I am working in Manipal Hospital, Bangalore as a consultant in the department of Surgical Gastroenterology. Our team has an active liver transplant program. I have taken the responsibility of donor hepatectomy in our living donor liver transplantation program which was headed by Dr. Sadiq Sikora. Also, we are offering state-of-the-art surgical services including robotic HPB and gastrointestinal surgery.View Contact Details
Degree: Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Residency: Asan Medical Centre, Seoul
- He worked as a Senior Resident in Gastrointestinal Surgery at PSRI, New Delhi
- He was actively involved in teaching the postgraduates basic surgical technique and basic surgical procedures
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (2009-2011)
- Since 2012, he has been working at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore as a Consultant in the department of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Helped initiate and currently running the first super specialty training program (DNB Surgical Gastroenterology) in Surgical Gastroenterology in private sector in Karnataka
- Initiated Liver Surgery service in previous stint at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Performed Taj Mahal resection, a technically highly challenging operation for liver cancer for the first time in the city
- Palankar N, Ramesh H, Sikora SS. Clinical problem: Asymptomatic dilated bile duct. GI Surgery Annual. Vol. 20; 2013. P 153-62.
- Sisodiya R, Kumar S, Palankar N, B V D. Case report on giant parathyroid adenoma with review of literature. Indian J Surg. 2013 Jun; 75(Suppl 1):21-2.
- Rao L, Jaiprakash P, Palankar N, Gowda V. Intra-abdominal primary monophasic synovial sarcoma with hemangiopericytoma-like areas. J Cancer Res Ther. 2013 Jan-Mar; 9(1):102-4.
- Sisodiya R, Kumar P S, Palankar N, B V D. Congenital Morgagni's Hernia Presenting in Elderly Lady. Indian J Surg. 2011 Aug; 73(4):312-3.
- Palankar N, Raju RS, Wann CS, Eapen A, Vyas FL, Joseph P, Sitaram V. Operations for common bile duct stones. GI Surgery Annual. vol. 14, supplement 2007, pages 13-21.
- Virmani S, Dawar R, Sushma, Palankar N, Govil D. Clinical presentations of acute appendicitis. Gastroenterology Today 2004; 8: 117-118.
- Colon Cancer Treatment
- Esophageal Cancer Treatment
- Rectal Cancer
- Stomach Cancer Treatment
- Achalasia Cardia
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Bariatric Surgery
- Biliary Disease Treatment
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Colon Cancer Treatment
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Esophageal Cancer Surgery
- Fistula Surgery
- Gastric Surgery
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Liver Cancer Surgery
- Liver Surgery
- Liver Transplant
- Living Donor Liver Transplant
- Pancreas Cancer
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Pancreatitis Treatment
- Portal Hypertension
- Rectal Cancer
- Reflux Esophagitis Treatment
- Robotic Surgery
- Shunt Surgery
- Stomach Cancer Surgery