Dr. Partha S Choudhury
Address: Sir Chotu Ram Marg, Sector - 5, Rohini Institutional Area, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi, 110085, India
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Partha S Choudhury is an internationally acclaimed leading Nuclear Medicine Physician of India with special interest in Radionuclide Therapy of various types of cancers. He has more than 25 years of experience in Nuclear Oncology. He is heading the department in this institute since 1998 and has been instrumental in its sustained growth over the last 18 years. He has introduced and standardized new procedures in the department both in terms of disease specific diagnostic and molecular imaging & molecular therapy. He is an invited speaker in conferences and symposiums across many countries, the main ones being United Kingdom, Austria, South Africa and South America. He is an avid clinical researcher with publications in peer reviewed journals. He is a technical co-operation consultant of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Vienna.
Dr. Partha's areas of expertise include Therapy of Thyroid Cancer, Therapy for castration resistant prostate cancer, Therapy for Neuroendocrine tumors, PET-CT and PET-CT-MRI triple fusion.View Contact Details
Degree: MBBS, Govt. Medical College, Jabalpur, India
Residency: St. Vincent's Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 1998- till date Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Delhi
- 1996-97 Fellow St. Vincent's Hospital, University of New South Wales Sydney, Australia
- 1990-98 Assistant Radiologist Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- 1989-90 Senior Resident Nuclear Medicine (DNB trainee) SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- 1987-88 Diploma in Radiation Medicine (DRM) student in University of Bombay, Mumbai
- 1985-87 Junior Resident Doctor in Medicine at Calcutta Medical Research Institute, Kolkata
- International Atomic Energy Agency Vienna (IAEA) Consultant for technical co-operation expert missions to developing countries
- Expert faculty in IAEA regional training courses
- International reviewer for UICC ICRETT fellowships
- Invited external expert in Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO)
- Best Researcher of the year award 2015, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre
- Society of Nuclear Medicine India, Brig. S.K Mazumder Memorial Oration Award 2015
- IAEA grant awards at the International Conference on Clinical PET and Molecular Nuclear Medicine (IPET 2015, 2011 & 2007). Trends in Clinical PET and Radiopharmaceutical development Vienna Austria(2005)
- IAEA grant award at the International Conference on Integrated Medical Imaging in Cardiovascular Diseases (IMIC 2013) Vienna Austria
- Best Paper award: Nuclear Medicine Update Singapore General Hospital March 2011.
- UICC scholar award of 2010 UICC World Cancer Congress Shenzhen China.
- Best paper/poster award at the Lancet Asia Medical Forum held in Singapore, 2007.
- UICC scholar award of 2006 UICC World Cancer Congress, Washington DC (USA)
- ARCCNM (Asia Regional Co-operative Council of Nuclear Medicine) grant award for graded research paper in 2005 Bangkok Thailand.
- Asia Oceania Distinguished Young Investigators Award of the Japanese Society of Nuclear Medicine in 2004.
- IAEA Grant Award at the International Symposium on Trends in Radiopharmaceuticals (ISTR-2005), 14th-18th Nov 2005, Vienna, Austria
- ARCCNM (Asia Regional Co-operative Council of Nuclear Medicine) grant award for graded research paper in 2003 Dhaka Bangladesh.
- Society of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) USA
- Society of Nuclear Medicine India
- Association of Nuclear Medicine Physicians of India (ANMPI)
- World Association of Radiopharmaceutical & Molecular Therapy (WARMTH): Member Executive Board (Secretary General)
- Original articles in Thyroid Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer & Neuroendocrine tumors
- Editorial & editorial commentary in peer reviewed journals
- Conference papers & case reports