Dr. Philip Kuriakose
Address: 1 Ford Pace, Detroit, Michigan, 48202, United States, Wayne State University
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Philip Kuriakose attended medical school at Christian Medical College in Ludhiana, India. He completed his post-graduate training at Christian Medical College, Brown Memorial Hospital, and Henry Ford Hospital. Dr. Kuriakose went to the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in Florida for his fellowship in hematology/oncology.
He is a senior staff physician at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute and an assistant professor at Wayne State University Medical School. Dr. Kuriakose specializes in hematology, hemophilia, leukemias, thrombosis, and general cancer care. He is the principal investigator in multiple clinical trials and has published numerous articles on a variety of topics.
My goal is to provide each patient with wholesome and optimal, individualized care that utilizes the latest medical knowledge and advancements.View Contact Details
Degree: Henry Ford Hospital Internal Medicine MI 1999
Residency: Mayo Clinic, Hematology/Oncology, MN, 2002
- He is a senior staff physician at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute and an assistant professor at Wayne State University Medical School.
- Dr. Kuriakose specializes in hematology, hemophilia, leukemias, thrombosis, and general cancer care.
- He is the principal investigator in multiple clinical trials and has published numerous articles on a variety of topics.
- A cross-sectional analysis of cardiovascular disease in the hemophilia population.
- Phase 2, randomized, double-blind study of pracinostat in combination with azacitidine in patients with untreated, higher-risk myelodysplastic syndromes.
- Rates of deep molecular response by digital and conventional PCR with frontline nilotinib in newly diagnosed chronic myeloid leukemia: a landmark analysis.
- Unexplained pancytopenia in acute myeloid leukemia treatment.
- Efficacy and safety of a VWF/FVIII concentrate (wilate® ) in inherited von Willebrand disease patients undergoing surgical procedures.
- 'Sailing in troubled waters': a review of the use of anticoagulation in adult cancer patients with thrombocytopenia.
- Unexplained macrocytosis.
- Antibiotic-refractory sinusitis.
- Iron-overload myopathy.
- Development of an algorithm for the systematic evaluation of patients with suspected heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Thalidomide-induced severe hepatotoxicity.
- Clinical impact of metformin in diabetic diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients: a case-control study.
- Thrombosis in VonWillebrand disease.
- Idiopathic erythrocytosis in dialysis patients: a case report and literature review.
- Rash in an immunocompromised patient.
- Analyzing Relationship Between Monoclonal Gammopathy of Undetermined Significance (MGUS) with Different Types of Neuropathy: An Observational Study.
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: is it a graft-threatening complication?
- Impact of Platelet Functional Assays on the Cost of Treating Suspected Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia.
- Paraneoplastic syndromes associated to Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Targeted therapy for hematologic malignancies.
- Lymphocytosis: T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemia.
- Munoz J, Kuriakose P.
- Failure of Recombinant Activated Factor VII in Treatment of Diffuse Alveolar Hemorrhage due to Cryoglobulinemic Vasculitis.
- Progression of a hepatosplenic gamma delta T-cell leukemia/lymphoma on hyperCVAD/MTX and ara-C: literature review and our institutional treatment approach.
- Upper-extremity deep venous thrombosis after whole blood donation: report of three cases from a single blood center.
- The dilemma of inherited dysfibrinogenemia during pregnancy.
- High-dose vincristine sulfate liposome injection for advanced, relapsed, and refractory adult Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Effect of blood group on idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Zuberi L, Yerasuri D, Kuriakose P.
- A genome-wide association study of resistance to HIV infection in highly exposed uninfected individuals with hemophilia A.
- Can rituximab replace splenectomy in immune thrombocytopenic purpura?
- Dabak V, Hanbali A, Kuriakose P.
- Treating symptomatic coronary artery disease in patients with Von Willebrand disease.
- Hassan SA, Amer S, Qureshi W, Alirhayim Z, Kuriakose P.
- Impact of a Pharmacist-Directed Anticoagulation Service on the Quality and Safety of Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia Management.
- Sequential occurrence of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, essential thrombocythemia, and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in a 42-year-old African-American woman: a case report and review of the literature.
- A pilot study of thalidomide in recurrent GI bleeding due to angiodysplasias.
- Dabak V, Kuriakose P, Kamboj G, Shurafa M.
- Hematologic malignancies with primary retroperitoneal presentation: clinicopathologic study of 32 cases.
- Chen L, Kuriakose P, Hawley RC, Janakiraman N, Maeda K.
- Changes in the amino acid sequence of the recombinant human factor VIIa analog, vatreptacog alfa, are associated with clinical immunogenicity.
- Rapid response to induction in a case of acute promyelocytic leukemia with MYC amplification on double minutes at diagnosis.
- Phase I trial of edatrexate in advanced breast and other cancers.
- Kuriakose P, Gandara DR, Perez EA.
- Risk of deep venous thrombosis associated with chest versus arm central venous subcutaneous port catheters: a 5-year single-institution retrospective study.
- Patient characteristics that influence efficacy of prophylaxis with rFVIII-FS three times per week: a subgroup analysis of the LIPLONG study.
- Bleeding symptoms and laboratory correlation in patients with severe von Willebrand disease.
- Successful management of a Jehovah's Witness with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura unwilling to be treated with therapeutic plasma exchange.
- Impact of HIV on liver fibrosis in men with hepatitis C infection and haemophilia.
- Efficacy and safety of prophylaxis with once-weekly BAY 79-4980 compared with thrice-weekly rFVIII-FS in haemophilia A patients. A randomised, active-controlled, double-blind study.
- All that glitters is not gold: differential diagnosis of clover-leaf lymphocytes.
- Yaghmour G, Thind R, Kryvenko ON, Ayyad H, Chen A, Kuriakose P.
- Risk of venous thrombosis in patients with hepatic malignancies undergoing surgical resection.
- Translocation (8;14)(q24;q32) as the sole cytogenetic abnormality in B-cell prolymphocytic leukemia.
- Acute pancreatitis induced by adult precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia associated with complex cytogenetics.
- Cancer/Oncology Consultation
- Clinical Trials
- Medical Oncology
- Henry Ford Cancer Institute
- American College of Physicians (Member)
- American Medical Association (Member)
- American Society of Clinical Oncologists (Member)
- Southwest Oncology Group (Member)