Dr. Poonam Patil
Address: Manipal Hospitals 98, HAL Old Airport Rd, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560017, India
About the Doctor / Professional
Since I have joined Manipal hospital Bangalore in 1999, following processes have been implemented in Manipal hospital :
- Optimized daycare facility with oncology trained nurses and laminar flow.
- Regular classes for the nurses in handling chemotherapy, infection control, hand hygiene and care of central venous access devices.
- Cancer awareness programmes and clinical screening camps through the hospital
- Complimentary palliative care program in collaboration with Karunashraya
- Cancer awareness talks in print and audio visual media
- Home Care program for end of life care, palliative care, administration of infusions, injections, and blood sampling prior to chemotherapy.
- DNB inspection for Pediatric hematology / oncology training as part of training programme at Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
- Clinical trials unit
Degree: MBBS Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur
Residency: Sir Padampat Mother and Child Health Institute, attached to SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- Residency in Pediatrics at Sir Padampat Mother and Child Health Institute, attached to SMS Medical College, Jaipur 1988 - 1991
- Assistant Professor in Pediatrics at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal 1991 - 1995
- Specialist Junior Consultant in Pediatrics at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore 1995 - 1996
- Consultant Medical Oncologist at Manipal Hospital, 98, Rustom Baug, Airport Road, Bangalore – 560017, Karnataka, India 1999 - Till Date.
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE IN ONCOLOGY – 17 YEARS
- TOTAL TEACHING – 25 YEARS
- DNB trainees / medical students / nursing students in the department of medical oncology at Manipal hospital, Bangalore from 1999 till date
- Adjunct Professor at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal involved in training of medical students and nursing professionals from 2011 till date
- Medical students as Resident, Department of Medical Oncology, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore (1998 - 1999).
- Taking classes for MBBS and MD students as Assistant Professor in Pediatrics, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (1991 to 1995)
- Medical students as Registrar in Pediatrics, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan (1998to 1991)
- Interested in Cancer in Women and Early Detection Campaign
- P3-Peg G-CSF-02: Randomized, comparative, phase III clinical trial to compare the efficacy and safety of recombinant human pegylated granulocyte colony stimulating factor (peg G-CSF) versus granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) in subjects with nonmyeloid malignancies receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy
- Clinical Study Protocol PIX301 “A novel aza-anthracenedione versus other Chemotherapeutic Agents for Third Line Single Agent Treatment of Patients with Relapsed Aggressive Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma: A randomized, Controlled Phase III Comparative Trial”
- A Randomised Open Label, Multicenter, Phase 3 Study of Epoetin Alfa plus Standard Supportive Care versus Standard Supportive Care in Anemic Patients With Metastatic Breast Cancer Receiving First-Line Standard Chemotherapy EPO-ANE
- A Phase III Randomized Controlled Trial of Myocet ( a non-pegylated,liposomal Doxorubicin), Trastuzumab and Paclitaxel versus Trastuzumab and Paclitaxel for first line therapy of locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer (MYOCET)
- Phase 3 study of Pemetrexed, Cisplatin, and Radiotherapy Followed by Consolidation Pemetrexed versus Etoposide, Cisplatin, and Radiotherapy followed by consolidation cytotoxic chemotherapy of choice in Patients with Unresectable, Locally Advanced, Stage III Non-small Cell lung Cancer other than Predominantly Squamous Cell Histology.
- A multicentre open label Parallel Group, Randomized, Phase IIB Clinical Trial to evaluate the safety and Efficacy of Co-Factor TM and 5-FU versus Leucovorin and 5FU in subjects with Metastatic Colorectal Carcinoma.
- Phase II study Of The Clinical Activity Of ZIO-101 In Advanced Blood And Bone Marrow Cancers
- Review and approval for conduct of study CLR_10_13 entitled „Efficacy and safety of paclitaxel nano-dispersion concentrate for injection (PICN) in subjects with metastatic breast cancer: A randomized, open label, active controlled, comparative, parallel group, and multicentric study.
- Global study to assess Avastin® (Bevacizumab) in clinical practice in combination with chemotherapy in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal carcinoma (MO22923)
- A randomized multi centre, double blind, parallel group study to compare the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, safety and efficacy of two anti-CD 20 monoclonal antibodies in combination with CHOP in patients with CD 20 positive diffuse large B cell lymphoma.
- American Society of Oncology
- European Society of Medical Oncology