Dr. Rabin Gonzaga
Address: Block A & Block B, 282 & 286, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, 50450, Malaysia
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Gonzaga did his undergraduate training in Ireland and graduated in 1990. He then did his internship in Ireland for one year before leaving to pursue postgraduate training in the UK. He underwent psychiatric training at the Birmingham University training scheme in psychiatry. On completion and on obtaining his MRCPsych qualification, he was offered a locum consultant job in the North Birmingham Mental health Trust for 2 years before returning to Malaysia in 1999.
Dr. Gonzaga is accredited with the National Specialist Registry in Malaysia and continues to pursue further qualifications in mental health, and is currently pursuing a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher qualification.View Contact Details
Degree: MBBCH LRCP LRSI BAO at Royal College of Surgeons In Ireland 1990
Residency: Birmingham University
- Dr. Gonzaga worked at the University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) as a Lecturer in Psychiatry and was responsible for looking after a busy outpatient clinic and taught both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- He also started the Psychiatric day hospital programme and a sheltered workshop for clients with chronic mental illness.
- He worked at the UMMC for 3 years before leaving to join Gleneagles Hospital in 2003.
- In addition to his academic and private practice, he was also the president of the Malaysian Mental Health Association (MMHA) for two terms.
- Dr. Gonzaga is also practices Buddhist meditation (Vipassanna or insight meditation) and is happy to introduce secular meditative practices in addition to his clinical work.