Dr. Rafael Rosell
Address: Carrer de Sabino Arana, 5, 19, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
About the Doctor
Dr. Rosell is the Head of Services of the Dr. Rosell Oncology lnstitute of the Hospital Universitari Dexeus Grupo Quirónsalud. Dr. Rosell has earned a high professional standing within the scientific community with his focus is on translational oncology of non-small celllung cancer. He is also the author of over 500 scientific articles in renowned medical journals such as the New England Journal of Medicine, Clinical Cancer Research, Oncogene, The Lancet Oncology, Journal of Clinical Oncology and many more. Also, Dr. Rosell has received several awards in recognition of his extensive scientific contributions.
Dr. Rosell is a member of the Committee for the lnternational Association for the Study of Lung Cancer and the European Association for Cancer Research. He is also an active member of the Educational Committee of the European Medical Oncology Society and of the Medical Protocols Review committee of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer. He was also a member of the Scientific Committee of the American Society of Clinical Oncology from 2002 to 2004. Dr. Rosell is the lnternational Editor of the Clinical Lung Cancer Journal. He is also a member of the group of editors for the following scientific publications: Lung Cancer, Annals of Oncology, American Journal of Cancer, The Oncologist and Medicina Clínica.View Contact Details
- Director of the Cancer Biology and Personalised Medicine Programme, Catalonian Institute of Oncology, Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital, Badalona (Barcelona).
- Founder and Scientific Director of Pangaea Oncology S.A.
- Founder and President of the Molecular Oncology Research Foundation (MORe).
- Founder and Projects and International Relations Director of the Spanish Lung Cancer Group (GECP).
- Founding Board Member of the European Thoracic Oncology Platform (ETOP).
- He has given over 800 presentations at conference, as well as organising some of the most important seminars and conferences in the world, for example, the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC), the European Medical Oncology Society (ESMO) and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Dr. Rosell has written over 600 scientific articles in renowned medical journals, such as the New England Journal of Medicine, Clinical Cancer Research, Oncogene, The Lancet, The Lancet Oncology, Annals of Oncology and many more. He is also a member of editorial committees for various prestigious journals and has won many awards in acknowledgement of his extensive scientific work.
- Contributions to the field of translational oncology in non-small-cell lung cancer, as the first to prove the superiority of Tarceva® in terms of progression-free survival in European patients with EGFR gene mutations who were treated in the EURTAC trial.
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC); Chair, 2005 World Conference on Lung Cancer.
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO); Member, Scientific Program Sub-Committee (non-small-cell lung cancer, metastatic) for the ESMO annual congress.
- European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO); Member of Scientific Program Committee 2002-2004.
- Spanish Lung Cancer Group (President, 1991-2014).
Research and teaching: No. of patents (in which he participated): Title: Molecular Biomarkers for Predicting Response to Tyrosine-kinase Inhibitors in Lung Cancer. Title: Method for the detection o EGFR mutations in blood samples. Title: Molecular biomarkers for predicting response to Tyrosine-kinase Inhibitors in lung cancer. Title: Methods and reagents for predicting clinical outcome and customizing chemotherapy in lung cancer patients. Title: BRCA-1 mRNA expression levels predict survival in breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Title: BRCA1 mRNA expression predicts survival in patients with bladder cancer treated with neoadjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy.