Dr. Rajeev Kumar
Address: Sir Chotu Ram Marg, Sector – 5, Rohini Institutional Area, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi, 110085, India
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Rajeev Kumar is an accomplished Surgical Oncologist, practicing in Delhi, and the National Capital region. He has a vast and varied experience of over 25 years, and is competent enough to deal with all kinds of intricacies within his field of expertise.
Dr Kumar earned his medical degree from the well regarded King George Medical College (KGMC), Lucknow, and then pursued a Masters in Surgery from the same institute as well. He furthermore did M.Ch. specializing in Surgical Oncology from King George Medical College, and has honed his skills by practicing in some of the best medical institutes of India; like Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, Safdarjung Hospital, Rockland Hospital, Tata Memorial Hospital, Cancer Institute Adyar, Chennai and Fortis Hospitals Delhi and Noida. He had training in MD Anderson Cancer Center Texas USA.
He has performed cancer surgeries ranging from head and neck cancer, breast cancer, esophagectomy, gastrectomy, radical cholecystectomy, whipples operation, colorectal cancer, chest wall tumors and lung cancer, gynecological cancer, soft tissue sarcoma and bone cancer and urological cancer.
He strives to provide all his patients the best possible care, and takes special care in achieving minimal morbidity/mortality with his treatments.
He has a vast teaching experience of undergraduates post graduates and DNB surgical oncology students.
Dr Kumar has a stellar academic background, and has received many awards and accolades for his academic brilliance. He is an active member of many well regarded international and national medical organizations, and has also contributed significantly to the medical literature.
Presently he is Senior Consultant in Surgical Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Cantre Delhi.View Contact Details
Degree: M.B.B.S, King George's Medical College, Lucknow, India
Residency: MD Anderson Cancer Center Texas USA
- Consultant & Chief of Breasts Services at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre Delhi May 2015- till Date
- Head of Dept Surgical Oncology Dharamshila Hospital & Research Centre, Delhi Oct 2014- April 2015
- Director Surgical Oncology, Rockland Hospitals, Qutab, Dwarka, Manesar. June 2013- Sept 2014
- Consultant, Fortis Hospital Noida, Vasant Kunj
- Consultant, Rockland Hospital, New Delhi
- Consultant, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre. Delhi
- Bharat Jyoti award 2011
- Mahendra Misra Fellowship in Oncology in 1995
- Best paper award for paper entitled Arterial Chemotherapy in advanced/recurrent Head and Neck Cancer - VIIth Biennial National Conference of Society collaboration with Info- American Cancer Congress in USA - March 1996
- Best Paper Award for "Scintimammography in restaging of Breast Cancer", Asia- Oceana - 2004
- First surgeon to perform Robotic Nipple Sparing Mastectomy in India
- Combination chemotherapy in advanced ovarian cancer - A prospective study of sixty patients. Proceedings of the XVIth International Cancer Congress - Monduzzi Editore - International proceedings division S. P.A. Bolongna( Italy), 3095 - 3098.
- Benign Breast Diseases in males - Annals of Endocrine Surgery, Vol 1, No 1, 49-57, Nov. 1996.
- Radiation induced sarcoma following treatment of breast cancer - The Indian Journal of Cancer - Vol 36 No. 2, 3, 4 June, Sept. Dec. 1999 192 - 193.
- Feasibility of Scintimammography in restaging of breast carcinoma post lumpectomy for planning further management: A pilot study - World J Nucl. Medicine 203, 2:211-215.
- Bellini duct carcinoma - World Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Trailored approach to management of bilateral breast cancer in Indian women, Asian Journal of Oncology VOI-1 - issue-2 Jul-Dec 2015
- Contribution to the Text Book- Being breast diseases in males in Disease of the Breasts, Editors P.E Mansel, Hayward, Lippincott.
- Breast Surgery
- Cancer/Oncology Consultation
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer Treatment
- Gynecological Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer Treatment
- Lung Cancer Treatment
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma Treatment
- Surgical Oncology
- Urological Oncology
- Whipple Procedure
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Society of Oncology