Dr. Rana L Awdish
Address: 1 Ford Pace, Detroit, Michigan, 48202, United States, Wayne State University
About the Doctor
Dr. Rana L Awdish is the Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Program and critical care medicine
I believe in a patient-centered approach to health and wellness. I believe in joint decision making that is holistic, taking into account the whole patient.
My research focuses on exercise for Pulmonary Hypertension (PH), PH in liver disease and transplant, and improving communication in health care.View Contact Details
Degree: Wayne State University MI 2002
Residency: Beth Israel Medical Center, Internal Medicine, NY, 2005
- Dr. Rana L Awdish currently works with Henry Ford Health System.
- Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Program and critical care medicine.
- Tom Lantos Grant Pulmonary Hypertension Association Community Service Award, and the Speak Up Hero Award.
- Definition, epidemiology and registries of pulmonary hypertension.
- Role of Kindness in Cancer Care.
- Classification and diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension.
- Delivering on the promise to improve the care of patients with pulmonary hypertension.
- When Patients and Their Families Feel Like Hostages to Health Care.
- The role of tyrosine kinase inhibitor "Lapatinib" in pulmonary hypertension.
- Recommendations for the clinical management of patients receiving macitentan for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH): A Delphi consensus document.
- Transitioning Parenteral or Inhaled Treprostinil to Oral Treprostinil Diolamine: Case Series and Review of the Literature.
- The Liminal Space.
- Treatment of patients with chronic thrombo embolic pulmonary hypertension: focus on riociguat.
- Inhaled Iloprost for Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH) During Pregnancy: A Case Report.
- A View from the Edge - Creating a Culture of Caring.
- A Communications Bundle to Improve Satisfaction for Critically Ill Patients and Their Families: A Prospective, Cohort Pilot Study.
- A Rare Case of Erdheim-Chester Disease and Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis Overlap Syndrome.
- Early initiation of prostacyclin in portopulmonary hypertension: 10 years of a transplant center's experience.
- Teaching and learning moments: The hematomato: lessons from the ICU.
- Improving transitions of care for critically ill adult patients on pulmonary arterial hypertension medications.
- New onset pulmonary hypertension in a patient with primary biliary cirrhosis postorthotopic liver transplant.
- Mittal C, Hassan S, Gulati R, Awdish R.
- Impact of a Simulation-Based Communication Workshop on Resident Preparedness for End-of-Life Communication in the Intensive Care Unit.
- First-in-man experience with cryoplasty during graded balloon atrial septostomy to reduce spontaneous closure in a patient with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension.