Dr. Sharad Sharma
Address: Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Mini, Seashore Rd, Juhu Nagar, Sector 10A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400703, India
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Sharad Sharma currently performing Bariatric Surgeries as the main focus of interest has established the Bariatric Units.
He passed Masters in Surgery in 1994.
He has worked as an Associate Professor, graduate and post graduate Teacher in the MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai. He started performing Laparoscopic Surgeries in 1998. In 2003, he obtained the Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at Gem Hospital, Coimbatore (endorsed by the Society for American Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons, SAGES) under Dr. C Palanivelu. In 2006 he obtained training in D2 Gastrectomy at NUH, Singapore.
In 2007, he was awarded Fellowship (FIAGES) by Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons. In 2008 he was awarded Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS) by the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India.
In 2009, he qualified in the 'Essentials of Bariatrics' examination conducted by the Association of Surgeons for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). In 2009 he trained in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery under Dr. Philip Schauer at The Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA.
He was awarded Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS) by the FIAGES in 2012.View Contact Details
Degree: MBBS - Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Nagpur 1990 MS - General Surgery
Residency: Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Sewagram (MGIMS) 1994
- General Surgeon at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital
- He has worked as an associate professor, graduate and post graduate teacher in the MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai. He started performing Laparoscopic Surgeries in 1998.
- Diploma in Advance Laparoscopic surgery, Gem Hospital (DLS) - 2003.
- Fellow of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (FIAGES) - 2007.
- Fellow of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (FMAS) - 2008.
- Essentials in Bariatrics ( by ASMBS) - 2009.
- Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery (Cleveland Clinic Ohio US) - 2009.
- Fellow in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS by IAGES) - 2012.
- 24 Hour Care
- Air Ambulance
- Customer Service
- Dietitian Services
- Electronic Health Record
- GP Home Visits
- Health Screening
- Hotel Visits
- International Patient Coordinator
- Language Interpreters
- Medical Records Transfer
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Patient Counseling
- Translation Services
- Video Consultations for Overseas Patients
- Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS)
- Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeon of India
- Obesity Surgery Society of India
- Hernia Society of India
- Aetna Global Benefits
- Allianz Global Assistance/AWP Services (India) Private Limited/Allianz Partner
- ARMS (Asia Rescue & Medical Services)
- ATMS (Asian Travel and Medical Services)
- Bharti Assist Global Private Limited
- Bupa International Health Insurance
- East West Rescue
- Euro-Center Thailand
- Europ Assistance India
- Falck India Private Limited
- Geo Blue/HTH Worldwide
- Global Choice (Generali Global Health)/ CNM Global
- GMC International/Henner International
- HTH_Geo Blue
- International SOS Services (INDIA) Private Limited
- Meera Rescue
- Omniland Assurances
- Paramount Healthcare Management Pvt. Ltd
- Prestige International
- Well be
- Assist Card
- Bupa Arabia
- CIGNA International
- Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic surgery - Gem Endosurgery Hospital, National Training and Research Institute, Gem Hospital, India (P) Ltd., Coimbatore, 2003.
- Papillary Cystadenocarcinoma of pancreas presenting as a splenic mass (case report). The Indian Practitioner, October 1994, No. 10, pp 860-862.
- In-situ placation: A new technique for surgery of hydrocele; First annual conference of Association of Rural Surgeons of India, Sevagram, 15-17 October 1993.
- Thoracoscopic Drainage of Mediastinal Abscess. AMASICON, The inguinal international conference-cum-live workshop of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, New Delhi, 20th March 2005.
- Laparoscopic Repair of Spigelian hernia by composite mesh, ICS XVI joint Congress of Asia & Pacific Federations and 51st Annual conference of the Indian section jointly with IAGES West Zone November 24-27, 2005.
- Laparoscopic excision of an adult type I choledochal cyst with roux-en-y hepatico jejunostomy, the Congress of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia 2006, The 19th Congress of the Korean Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons, October 18-21, 2006, Seoul, Korea.
- Cholecystectomy in acute calculus cholecystitis of a remnant Gall bladder, Annual Conference of IAGES, 14 - 17th February, 2008, Jaipur.
- CBD stricture - an outcome of a difficult Cholecystectomy, 9th National Conference of IAGES, New Delhi, 18-21 February 2010.
- Laparoscopic excision of a large mesenteric cyst, (poster) 33rd Annual conference of Maharashtra state ASI (MASICON 2011), Mumbai, 4th - 6th Feb 2011.
- Laparoscopic Highly Selective Vagotomy with Nissen’s Fundoplication, 34 th Annual Conference of Maharashtra ASI (MASICON), 26-29 Jan 2012.
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Right Ileo-Colectomy.34th Annual conference of Maharashtra ASI (MASICON), 26-29 Jan 2012
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy For Traumatic Rupture. 34th Annual conference of Maharashtra ASI (MASICON), 26-29 Jan 2012.
- Laparoscopic banded sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesity - is it superior to conventional LSG? 35th Annual conference of Maharashtra ASI (MASICON), 7-10 Feb 2013.
- Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration - It’s Relevance In An Urban Setting – 35th Annual conference of Maharashtra ASI (MASICON), 7-10 FEB 2013.
- Laparoscopic management of large abdominal cysts – 38th Annual conference of Maharashtra ASI (MASICON) 2016, 4 - 7 February 2016.