Dr. Verapan Kuansongtham
Address: 33 Soi Sukhumvit 3, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
About the Doctor
Dr. Verapan is board-certified in neurosurgery and has been teaching at the Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand for over 25 years. He has become a renowned spine surgeon in Bangkok, Thailand, specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery, including endoscopic spine surgery. Currently, Dr. Verapan is the Director of the Bumrungrad Spine Institute at Bumrungrad International Hospital, performing over 300 minimally invasive spine operations per year, and leading a team of experienced spine surgeons which have become the leading Asia-Pacific training center for endoscopic surgery techniques.
Dr. Verapan has been partnered with Prof. Sebastien Ruetten, M.D. of St. Anna Hospital-Herne, Germany, in teaching and building the endoscopic spine surgery practice in Thailand for over 11 years. Throughout these years, Dr. Verapan, together with St. Anna Hospital-Herne, have been jointly organizing full endoscopic lumbar and cervical spine surgery symposiums three times a year, twice in Germany and once annually at the Bumrungrad Spine Institute, Thailand. The symposiums have continued to receive full attendance from over 2,000 spine surgeons flying in from around the world.
With respect to patients who are not suitable candidates for endoscopic spine surgery techniques, Dr. Verapan has integrated various navigated procedural solutions using advanced robotic guidance and an O-arm Imaging System in his operation techniques.
As a respected expert, Dr. Verapan has constantly received numerous invitations to lecture on spine surgery techniques on many occasions from conference organizers worldwide. He has authored or co-authored several clinical publications including articles, editorials, and abstracts.
In his free time, Dr. Verapan is interested in photography.
Minimally invasive neurosurgery, with Professor Axel Perneczky, Mainz, Germany, 1996
Skull base surgery with Prof. Madjid Samii, Hannover, Germany,1997
Aneurysm surgery and skull base surgery with Professor Takanori Fukushima, Pittsburgh, USA, 1997
Full-Endoscopic Spine Surgery - 30 Case Operation Course with Dr Sebastian Ruetten, St Anna Hospital Herne, Germany, 2008
- Diploma of The Thai Board of Neurosurgery, 1994
- Division of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine at Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, 1994 - Present
- Division of Neurosurgery, Pramongkutklao Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, 2001 - 2005
Degree: M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, 1991
- Full Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy via Interlaminar Approach: 2-year Results in Ramathibodi Hospital. Chumnanvej S, Kesornsak W, Sarnvivad P, Paiboonsirijit S, Kuansongtham V (2012, February).
- Result of Full Endoscopic Uniportal Lumbar Discectomy: Preliminary Report. Kuansongtham V, Paiboonsirijit S, Kesornsak W, Chaiyosboorana V, Rukskul P, Chumnanvej S, Ruetten S (2009, June).
- Factors Predicting Failure of Conservative Treatment in Lumbar-Disc Herniation. Sutheerayongprasert C, Paiboonsirijit S, Kuansongtham V, Anuraklekha S, Hiranyasthiti N, Neti S (2012).
- Comparison between minimally invasive and open transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion. Saetia K, Phankhongsab A, Kuansongtham V, Paiboonsirijit S (2013, January).
- Patient Counseling
- Video Consultations for Overseas Patients
- Artificial Disc Replacement (ADR)
- Back Pain
- Cervical Disc Disease Treatment
- Cervical Spondylosis Treatment
- Chiari Decompression
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Cubital Tunnel Decompression
- Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment
- Degenerative Scoliosis Treatment
- Dextroscoliosis Treatment
- Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion (DLIF)
- Fracture Treatment
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Idiopathic Scoliosis Treatment
- Intradiscal Electrothermic Therapy (IDET)
- Jarcho Levin Syndrome
- Keyhole Surgery
- Klippel Feil Syndrome
- Kyphosis Treatment
- Larsen Syndrome
- Latrogenic Deformity & Scoliosis
- Lordosis Treatment
- Lumbar Disc Disease Treatment
- Lumbar Fusion
- Lumbar Spondylosis Treatment
- Lumbar Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Neck and Arm Pain
- Neuromuscular Scoliosis
- Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
- Posterior Cervical Fusion
- Posterior Discectomy
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Sciatica Treatment
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Scoliosis Treatment
- Spinal Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Treatment
- Spinal Arthroscopy
- Spinal Cord Injury Treatment
- Spinal Cord Tumor Treatment
- Spinal Decompression
- Spinal Disc Herniation Treatment
- Spinal Disc Prolapsed (Slipped Disc)
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Spinal Hematoma Treatment
- Spinal Infection
- Spinal Stabilization
- Spinal Stenosis Treatment
- Spinal Surgery Consultation
- Spinal Tumor Removal
- Spine Examination
- Spine Surgery
- Spondylolisthesis Stabilization
- Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome Treatment
- Thoracic Fusion
- Treatment for Spinal Cord Abscess
- Treatment for Spinal Fractures
- VATER Syndrome
- Vertebral Fracture
Other Credentials: - Affiliated with St. Anna Hospital-Herne, Germany. - Jointly organize annual training course for endoscopic spine surgery in Thailand with St. Anna Hospital-Herne. - Instructor at bi-annual training course for endoscopic spine surgery in Germany organized by St. Anna Hospital Herne.