Dr. Vineet Talwar
Address: Sir Chotu Ram Marg, Sector – 5, Rohini Institutional Area, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi, India
About the Doctor
Dr Vineet Talwar is presently working as Director, Dept of Medical Oncology at RGCIRC. He has been serving in the Department of Medical Oncology since May 2002
He had completed his DM (Medical Oncology) from prestigious Adyar cancer institute, Chennai in March, 2000. He has over 40 publications in his credit in various national and international journals, peer reviewed journals.
He is member of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), American Society Of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON), Indian Society Of Oncology (ISO) to name few.
He has been awarded three orations from The Association Physician Of India, Indian Academy Of Clinical Medicine. He was awarded the prestigious 'Chikitsa Ratan Award' by the Delhi State Medical Association for his efforts in field of cancer. He is a Fellow of Royal College of Physicans Edinburgh (FRCP) and also credited as a Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA).
His areas of expertise are Genito Urinary medical oncology, Gastrointestinal Oncology, Hepato-pancreato-billiary oncology and Breast Oncology.View Contact Details
Degree: M.B.B.S - Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India, 1990
Residency: D.M (Medical Oncology) - Cancer Institute, Adyar, Chennai, 2000
- 2000 - Till date - Associate consultant in Dept of medical Oncology in and subsequently promoted to the rank of Co-Director in Feb 2017
- 1996 - 1998 - Registrar in Department of Medical Oncology in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi.
- 1992 -1993 - House Physician in Department of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, A.I.I.M.S, Delhi.
- Pawan Kumari Jain Oration award 2003, for young researchers in field of Internal Medicine by Association Physicians of India, Delhi state chapter. Topic-Chronic Myeloid Leukemia-recent advances
- RGCON 2004: Hepatibilliary and Pancreatic Cancer award 2004. Best paper-clinical benefit response with gemcitabine and platinum in carcinoma pancreas
- Dr B C Bansal and Dr Uma Bansal oration award 2008 for advancement of clinical medicine 2008 by Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine. Topic- Targeted Therapy in Cancer
- Searle Oration awarded in Jan 2010 in Apicon 2010(Association Physicians of India) in Jaipur
- Awarded 'CHIKITSA RATAN AWARD' September 2010 at Delhi State Medical Association Conference for meritorious achievements in the field of Medical Oncology
- Awarded G.S Sainani Oration in APICON- 2015 held at Gurgaon, Haryana for original research in Field of medical oncology in Triple negative breast cancer
- Award Of Excellence In Medicine presented at 59 annual award presentation ceremony of Delhi State Medical Association Conference in Jan 2017
- Award of Excellence in Medical Oncology at RGCIRC on 24 September 2016, the 20th foundation day of Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Center
- Vishist Chikitsa Ratna Award, held in July 2016 by Delhi State Medical Association for meritorious achievements in the field of Medical Oncology
- ALL presenting as Breast Mass JAPI 48:1212 - 1213;2000 .
- Intracardiac metastasis from a testicular germ cell tumor. JAPI 50, 855-856;2002.
- Spontaneous fracture and pulmonary embolization of central venous catheter. The journal of vascular Access, 4:158-159 ; 2003.
- Erythrodysesthesia Associated with a cytosine Arabinoside during therapy of Acute myeloid Leukemia - report of two cases JIACM 4(4); 340 - 2 ; 2003.
- Flagellate hyperpigmentation from bleomycin Indian J Dermatol Venerol Leprol 70;46-47;2004.
- Thymic carcinoma presenting as Myasthenia Gravis JIACM 5 (4), 354-6, 2004.
- Bleomycin induced flagellate Hyperpigmentations JIMSA 19, (4),Oct - Dec 2006.
- Isolated Intraorbital metastasis in Breast Carcinoma JAPI 55;451-453;2007.
- Imatinib mesylate induced skin Hypopigmentation JAPI Vol 55, 527;2007.
- Carcinomatosis meningitis-A rare site of progression in Carcinoma Gall Bladder; Accepted for publication 2015 (Ref; 2730/13/J/DGJ) in JIACM.
- Sunitinib usage in metstatic renal cell carcinoma in the background of chronic kidney disease in an Indian patient; A case report: Current medicine research and practice 2016 ; 6 ; 24 - 26.
- Gemcitabine and Cisplatin in inoperable, loco-regionally advanced and metastatic gallbladder cancer: A study from Northern India cancer institute. Vineet Talwar, Shubhra Raina, Varun Goel, Dinesh C. Doval Int J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis 2016;6:108-113.
- Safety and tolerability of Peg-grafeel™, a pegfilgrastim, for the prophylactic treatment of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia and febrile neutropenia: A prospective, observational, postmarketing surveillance study in India. Dr Vineet Talwar et al.South Asian Journal of Cancer: Accepted for Publication .
- Altretamine in advanced pretreated epithelial ovarian carcinoma patients: Experience from a center in north India Vineet Talwar, Varun Goel, Shubhra Raina, Nivedita Patnaik, D.C. Doval.Current medicine Research & Practice, p109-112,Published online: May 12, 2016
- Dengue fever in cancer patients: Retrospective analysis, Vineet Talwar, Varun Goel, Shubhra Raina, Jyoti Talwar,Nivedita Patnaik, D.C. Doval, Current medicine Research & Practice, ,Published online: Aug 16, 2016
- Gemcitabine and Carboplatin in Inoperable, Loco- Regionally Advanced and Metastatic Gallbladder Cancer- A Study from Northern Indian Cancer Institute Vineet Talwar1*, Shubhra Raina1, Varun Goel1 a nd Dinesh C. Doval1. Talwar et al.; BJMMR, 19(12): 1-7, 2017; Article no.BJMMR.30843
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) EDINBURGH (U.K).
- Fellow of Indian College of Physicians (FICP )
- Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA)
- Member European Society of medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Member American Society Of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Life Member India Society of Oncology (ISO)
- Life Member Breast Cancer Foundation India (BCFI)
- Life Member Indian cooperative Oncology Network (ICON) Group