Dr. Vlasta Brozicevic
Address: 1.prilaz I.L.Ribara 8, Selce, Primorsko-goranska Zupanija, 51266, Croatia, Selce
About the Doctor
Three decades of professional experience in physical therapy and rehabilitation of diseases of the loco-motor system of all ages, and with special emphasis on working with athletes and rehabilitation of sport injuries.
Primarius Vlasta Brozičević, MD is specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation, rheumatology and acupuncture.
From 1992 Head of Department of physical medicine and rehabilitation Polyclinic TERME Selce and Head of Biodex isokinetic reference centre of Croatia in Terme Selce.
The co-founder and co-owner of TERME, the first private Polyclinic in Croatia for rehabilitation.
Terme Selce is familly run enterprise where Vlasta Brozičević, MD works along with her husband primarius M. Sc. Ivan Brozičević, MD, specialist in internal medicine – cardiologist; two daughters, M.Sc. Iva Brozičević Dragičević, professor in phycology and Tea Brozičević, MD, specialist dermatovenerologist. The son in low Darije Dragičević, mechanical engineer, is in charge of overall facilities and technology.
Before co-founding Terme Selce, Vlasta Brozičević, has worked from 1979 to 1984 at University Hospital of Rijeka, Croatia, at the Department of physical medicine and rehabilitation and the Department of Audiology. From 1984 to 1992 at Special Hospital for rehabilitation "Thalassotherapia“ Crikvenica and in 1979 as Medical doctor in Orthopaedic Hospital in Kraljevica.
Studied at the Universities of Zagreb and Rijeka, Medical Faculty. Finished residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation and Post-graduate studies in rheumatology in Zagreb.
Trained at specialized education on sports medicine, abroad and in Croatia.
Additional skills gained at numerous international trainings inlcuding Visiting fellowships to prestigeous clinics in Europe and USA ( Poland, Russia, Belgium, Norway, Switzerland, Slovenia, Germany, Italy, Austria, Sweden, UK and Croatia).
Extraordinary communication and negotiating skills. Sensibility and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Leadership and Organisational skills: team leader currently responsible for a team of 35 – 40 experts. Collaborator at most prestigeous sports events in the world, like FIS and others. Planning, problem solving. Used to risk management.
Primarius Vlasta Brozičević, MD, spec., has established collaboration with a network of hospitals, university centers and specialists in Europe and worldwide: University clinic Bruderholtz – Basel, Switzerland, Kantonsspital Aarau - Switzerland, Special Hospital Akromion – Krapinske toplice, Croatia; Die Wiener Privatklinik - Austria; Special hospital Dr. Nemec – Matulji, Croatia, The Steadman Clinic – Vail, USA; Dr. Eero Hyvärinen, Omasairaala Oy – Helsinki, Finland; Prof. Dr. med. univ. Milomir Ninkovic, Munich Municipal Hospital Group – Bogenhausen Hospital, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand and Burn Surgery - Munich, Germany; Prof. Niklaus F. Friedrich, MD, University Hospital Basel – Switzerland; Prof. Dr. med. Michael Dienst, OCM/Orthopädische Chirurgie – Munich, Germany; Dr. Christoph Fink, Fink Kolb – Imst, Austria; Doc. dr. sc. Radovan Mihelić, Clinic for orthopaedics – Lovran, Croatia.
Dedicated to collaboration with local entrepreneurs and institutions in improving quality of stay for clients ( hotels, restaurants, educational institutions, heritage associations...) as well as working on improving the life through diverse activities in local comunity.
Treated more than 40.000 clients from 86 countries, 6 continents, among whom 120 Olympic and World sports champions.
Author & Co-Author of more than 60 papers (abstracts/proceedings, education, prestigeous publications&journals, various brochures, special monthly editorials). Cited author and co-author.
Lecturer at more than 70 training events including professional education, seminars, courses, workshops, world and international scientific - expert events in Croatia (Krapinske toplice, Selce, Varaždin, Plitvice lakes, Zagreb, Rijeka, Crikvenica, Opatija, Hrvatska Kostajnica, Čižići, Bjelolasica, Osijek,... and abroad (Netherlands, Norway, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Slovenia, Hungary, Italy, Finland,...).
Speaker at more than 60 events in Croatia (Rijeka, Selce, Primošten, Varaždin, Vodice, Zagreb, Crikvenica, Opatija, Cavtat, Šibenik,...) and abroad (Germany, Finland, Italy, Serbia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Spain...).
Initatior and author of more than 30 Projects, created and implemented with own resources. Main theme in each of the projects is Mediterranean food in the health tourism of Crikvenica riviera. Projects include sponsorships of extremely demanding rehabilitation of young sportsmen (annual project), and medical projects useful for the local community. Most unique and advanced is the project 'DRVB Method in rehabilitation' and EU CERTEH 28.
In 1997, at the Meeting of the Presidency of the Croatian society for the protection of the tourists health, Prof. dr. Boris Vukonić said: “At this occasion we have to emphasize a valuable project “Healthy nutrition in tourism of Crikvenica Riviera”, which authors are Vlasta Brozičević, MD with her collaborators. The goal of that programme is to include the gastronomic offer into the newest touristics orientations...”
Participant in more than 100 scientific and experts' events worldwide, in Croatia (Opatija, Zagreb, Rijeka, Lovran, Split, Crikvenica, Pula, Plitvice lakes, Cavtat, Zadar,...) and abroad (Italy, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, USA, Portugal, Slovenia, Norway, Turkey, UK, Sweden,...).
Organizer and co-organizer of more than 100 various events in Terme Selce and local community. Also, joins as co-organizer of EU events in Croatia (EDE- European Day of the Entreprenurs and CEI workshop with UMIS-SMEA; and a number of events with local partners of which most prestigeous is with local government, the City of Crikvenica). Events include exhibitions and educations for youth, teachers, parents, tourists, clients, sportsmen, managers, foreign delegations, ambassadors, journalists.
Official physician Croatian Ski Team from 1999.
Coordinator (2016/2019) in the Project “Crikvenica – Healthy City” (EU Project: Healthy cities) in 3 working groups “Recreation, a healthy nutrition and a healthy environment”.
Attended 5 Winter Olympic games.
Collaborator at presigeous International and Croatian events:
Organizer of Terme Selce experts team at Adria Advent Maraton – Crikvenica ; Official official doctor at at FIS Ski World Cup 2013 - Schladming, Austria; Official doctor coordinator EYOF 2013 - Utrecht, Netherlands; Medical preparation at Terme Selce of the first Croatian female alpinists' expedition to Cho Oyu 2007; Official CRO Ski team doctor FIS Alpine world ski championship 2005 - Bormio, Italy; Doctor for rehabilitation at Vaterpolo club Primorje - Rijeka, Croatia; Official CRO Ski team doctor FIS Alpine world ski championship 2001 - San Antonio, Italy; Head of medical team Alpe – Adria Megatriatlon '97 - Slovenia /Croatia; Official physician at Croatian Table Tennis Association – at Crikvenica South East Europe Table Tennis Tournament, Croatia; Doctor at Ultra maraton 'I run free Croatia' 1997 - Dubrovnik / Umag, Croatia; Doctor at Jarun Maraton '97 - Zagreb, Croatia; Official physician at the 1st European Athletics games 1991- Split, Croatia.
- Mediterranean nutrition in touristic offer at Crikvenica Riviera
- CERTEH: EU Centre for education, research, training, eco-ethno heritage in health tourism
- The 1st School for Health Tourism Vlasta Brozičević – founder
- Author Concept: Eco health tourism, protected by Croatian Agency for Authors’ rights (HAA – 17.08.2017.)
- US DIAGNOSTICS for Locomotor System
- University Zagreb, Croatia
- Univeristy Gent - Belgium
- BIODEX Advanced Operations and Applicatons
- Biodex University Corporate Training Center of Biodex Medical System - New York, USA
- LITHOTRIPTER procedure
- Storz Medical – Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
- INTERVENTIONAL ULTRASONOGRAPHY
- Sutherland Medical Center – Warsaw, Poland
- University Gent - Belgium
- STRINTEX TAPING
- Croatian Physiotherapists Association – Zagreb, Croatia
- ORTHOKINE certified medical doctor and Terme Centre of excellence
- Ortogen Germany & Alfa- Arthro d.o.o.
- PSYCHOSOMATIC MEDICINE
- Hultfaros Clinic, Integration av Psyske och Soma, Sweden
- E-LIFE Therapist
- E-Life, UK
- The Open International University for Complementary Medicine – Colombo, Sri Lanka; French Homeopatic School – Paris, France; International Society for Traditional Medicine Belladona, Italy
- CACI Instructor
- Hampstead Clinic, UK
- ACUPUNCTURE AND MOXIBUSTION Professional competence for the application
- Medical Association of SR / HLZ - Section for Acupuncture - Zagreb, Croatia
Degree: Zagreb and Rijeka University
- Before co-founding Terme Selce, Vlasta Brozičević, has worked from 1979 to 1984 at University Hospital of Rijeka, Croatia, at the Department of physical medicine and rehabilitation and the Department of Audiology.
- From 1984 to 1992 at Special Hospital for rehabilitation "Thalassotherapia“ Crikvenica.
- 1979 as Medical doctor in Orthopaedic Hospital in Kraljevica.
- From 1992 Head of Department of physical medicine and rehabilitation Polyclinic TERME Selce and Head of Biodex isokinetic reference centre of Croatia in Terme Selce.
- Guru in physical medicine and rehabilitaton - sport injuries, muscle-bone-tendon expert in rehabilitation and prevention of injuries, Orthokine expert, Biodex Isokinetic treatments.
- Medical support, contribution in writing monography and books, donations, sponsorships, local dvelopment actions, promotion of Crikvenica riviera.
- UMIS – SMEA/ EU Award EDE 2007 CROATIA New wings“ for the best company at Crikvenica riviera.
- Acupuncture Physiotherapy
- Early Rehabilitation Program
- Occupational Health Consultation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy Consultation
- Pre and Post Operation Treatments of Locomotor System
- Rheumatism Rehabilitation
- Sports Injuries Treatment
- Sports Physiotherapy
- HOO - Croatian Olympic Committee Medical Board member
- ESSKA – European Society of Sports Traumatology – Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy, Luxembourg
- EFORT - European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Switzerland
- FIS – International Ski Federation Medical Board member, Switzerland
- EOC – European Olympic Committee Medical Board member, Italy
- Croatian Society of Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy;
- Croatian Society for Maritime
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Croatian Medical Association - Section of Allergology and Clinical Immunology
- Croatian Society for Rheumatology, Croatia
- Croatian society for physical medicine and rehabilitation, Croatia
- HLZ – Croatian Medical Association, Croatia
- European Enterprise Network; PINK CARD Milano - Reference center for Croatia
- Co-founder IMTA the 1st International Mountain Tourism Alliance and Board committee member.