Dr. Withawin Kesornsak
Address: 33 Soi Sukhumvit 3, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
About the Doctor
Dr. Withawin Kesornsak is a spinal surgeon based in Bangkok, Thailand. His priority in treating spinal conditions is always to find the least invasive way for the best outcomes in each individual. He is not only an expert in minimally invasive spinal surgeries, but he is also an expert in non-surgical pain intervention as well. When surgery becomes necessary, he always uses the most advanced technologies such as endoscope, 3D navigator or surgical robot to maximize safety while minimizing the risks and recovery time for all patients.
Dr. Kesornsak also has a very keen interest in the academic field. He is one of the founding members of the Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Club of Thailand (MISSCOT); a non-profit organization, whose prime objective is to spread the knowledge of minimally invasive (MIS) techniques to spinal surgeons throughout Thailand. As an internationally-recognized expert in endoscopic spine surgery, he has been a regular faculty member together with Dr. Verapan Kuansongtham and Prof. Sebastian Ruetten for endoscopic workshops in Germany and Thailand for almost 10 years.
In his free time, Dr. Kesornsak enjoys listening to various kinds of music as well as playing musical instruments such as the saxophone and guitar too. He is an avid reader and enjoys works about astrophysics as well as Harry Potter.View Contact Details
Degree: M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, 2003
Residency: Neurological surgery, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, 2007-2011
- Diplomate of The Thai Board of Neurosurgery, 2011
- Special Clinical Training - Computer-assisted 3D navigation for cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine surgery, since 2013
- Special Clinical Training - Spinal Cord Stimulation and Intrathecal drug pump: Cadaveric Workshop, Bangkok, Thailand, 2014
- Special Clinical Training - Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection: Cadaveric Workshop, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 2015
- Special Clinical Training - Upper Cervical Instrumentation: Cadaveric Workshop, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 2015
- Special Clinical Interests - Non-surgical pain intervention for cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Special Clinical Interests - Minimally invasive surgery using endoscope, microscope and computer-assisted 3D navigation for degenerative, traumatic, tumor, infectious disease of spine
- Special Clinical Interests - Spinal cord stimulator implantation for chronic neuropathic pain
- Special Clinical Interests - Instructor for international training course for full-endoscopic spine surgery in Germany and Thailand
- Special Clinical Interests - Instructor for computer-assisted instrumentation training course in Thailand
- A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy Compared with Circumferential Lumbar Fusion. Stamuli E, Kesornsak W, Grevitt MP, Posnett J, Claxton K. Pain Pract. 2018 Apr; 18(4):515-522. Doi: 10.1111/papr.12641. Epub 2017 Nov 3.
- Full endoscopic lumbar discectomy via interlaminar approach: 2-year results in Ramathibodi Hospital. Chumnanvej S, Kesornsak W, Sarnvivad P, Paiboonsirijit S, Kuansongthum V. J Med Assoc Thai. 2011 Dec; 94(12):1465-70. Erratum in: J Med Assoc Thai. 2012 Feb; 95(2):296. Paiboonsirijit, Sompoch [added].
- Result of full endoscopic uniportal lumbar discectomy: preliminary report.
- Kuonsongtum V, Paiboonsirijit S, Kesornsak W, Chaiyosboorana V, Rukskul P, Chumnanvej S, Ruetten S.
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Club of Thailand (MISSCOT)
Fellowships: Full-Endoscopic spine surgery with Dr. Sebastian Ruetten at St. Anna-Hospital Herne, Herne, Germany, 2012; AOSpine fellow at Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 2016