Ankle Arthroscopy- Orthopedics
Ankle arthroscopy is a surgical treatment option utilized by orthopedic surgeons when treating problems with the ankle joint. Ankle arthroscopy uses an optic viewing camera made of fibre through small incisions to operate in and around the ankle joints. When a patient is diagnosed with some certain problems in the ankle joint, ankle arthroscopy is recommended. Arthroscopic surgeries are well known for their quick recovery time as compared to traditional open surgeries.
Conditions for the recommendation of Ankle Arthroscopy on Patients
Here are the major conditions that can lead to the recommendation of ankle arthroscopy
1. Ankle Arthroscopy surgery might be recommended for patients who have debris in their ankles as a result of torn bone chips or cartilages. Also, it is usually a go-to option for patients with ligament damage resulting from a severely sprained ankle.
2. For some patient, arthroscopy is the only option that comes with speedy recovery as compared to open surgery. This ankle treatment option also comes with less scaring as well as fewer or absolutely no complications.
What is arthroscopy used for?
Ankle arthroscopy can be used as a method of evaluating different disorders pertaining to the ankle joints. Here is the list of some of the problems that can be treated with ankle arthroscopy as technology is constantly evolving;
- Ankle arthritis
- Ankle fractures
- Ankle instability
- Anterior Ankle impingement
- Loose bones, cartilages and scar tissues.
- Posterior ankle impingement
Disclaimer: Please note that Mya Care does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided is not intended to replace the care or advice of a qualified health care professional. The views expressed are personal views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Mya Care. Always consult your doctor for all diagnoses, treatments, and cures for any diseases or conditions, as well as before changing your health care regimen. Do not reproduce, copy, reformat, publish, distribute, upload, post, transmit, transfer in any manner or sell any of the materials on this page without the prior written permission from myacare.com.