Dato' Dr. Ghandhiraj Somasundram
Address: Block A & Block B, 282 & 286, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, 50450, Malaysia
About the Doctor
Dato' Dr. Ghandhiraj Somasundram was trained in the United Kingdom and was accredited by the General Medical Council of UK as a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, where he had worked as a Consultant before returning to Malaysia to work permanently.
He also trained in Cardiovascular Surgery at the University of Vienna, Austria. Dr. Somasundram is a specialist in coronary artery bypass surgery, heart valve repair, and replacement, surgery for aortic aneurysms and dissections, and left ventricular restorative surgery.
He also performs the full range of thoracic operations and video-assisted thoracoscopic interventions for lung and mediastinal disease and chest trauma.
Most notably, Dr. Somasundram is an expert in surgical pulmonary thromboembolectomy for life-threatening acute massive pulmonary thromboembolism using his innovative technique which he has shared and presented his work in regional academic conferences.
Dr. Somasundram has attended and presented at numerous meetings and is currently an expert reviewer of academic journals. Besides that Dr. Somasundram has been a past Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee of the Hospital. He has also been involved with various administrative activities with the Management of the Hospital for its development.View Contact Details
Degree: MBBS from Kasturba Medical College Mysore University India
Residency: Cardiovascular Surgery at the University of Vienna
- Head of Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery of Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur
- Accredited by the General Medical Council of UK as a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- One of the pioneer Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeons at Gleneagles Hospital in 1996
- Past Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee of the Hospital
- American Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- European Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- Asian Society of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (ASCVTS)
- Malaysian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (MACTS)