Dr. Alaa Bou Ghannam
Address: Dubai Healthcare City, PO Box 505054, District 1, Al Razi Building 64, Block E, Floor 3, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor
Dr. Alaa Bou Ghannam is a visiting specialist in neuro-ophthalmology, pediatric ophthalmology, and adult strabismus at Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai in Dubai Healthcare City.
He holds a bachelor in science (2007) with high distinction and a medical degree (2011) from the American University of Beirut. He finished his ophthalmology residency at the American University of Beirut Medical Center in 2015 before pursuing a fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus from Children’s National Health System and George Washington Hospital in Washington DC in 2016. He also finished another fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology from The University of Colorado in 2017.
He has over five years of regional/international experience in pediatric ophthalmology, adult strabismus, and neuro-ophthalmology in countries including Lebanon and The United States of America.
He has undertaken research in clinical ophthalmology and neurology and has published more than a dozen research papers and book chapters on strabismus, optic nerve diseases, pediatric glaucoma, pediatric ophthalmology, ocular electrophysiology, and nystagmus, in leading medical journals.View Contact Details
Degree: American University of Beirut - Lebanon
Residency: American University of Beirut Medical Center - Lebanon
- Visiting Specialist Ophthalmologist in Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai, UAE
- Practiced in leading medical institutions such as The American University of Beirut Medical Center
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Lebanese Ophthalmological Society (LOS)
- North American Neuro-ophthalmology Society (NANOS)
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (AAPOS)