Dr. Alphy S. Puthiyidom
Address: PO Box 51122, Al Barsha South 3, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor
Dr. Alphy S. Puthiyidom is a gynecologist with expertise in advanced and complex laparoscopic surgery, pelvic reconstructive and urogynecology surgery. She is known in the UAE and India for her excellence in this field. She is often contacted as a tertiary referral for difficult surgical cases.
Dr. Alphy has more than 10 years of experience in Gynecology and minimally invasive pelvic surgeries. After obtaining her MD in Obstetrics and Gynecology, she did her Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery from the Sunrise Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, India and training in Endometriosis and Advanced Laparoscopy from IRCAD, Strasbourg, France.
She is also trained for Infertility Management and Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) from the Institute of Reproductive Medicine, Kolkata, India. In addition, she has received training in Gynecological Oncology from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore.
She has performed more than 8000 advanced minimally invasive (keyhole) laparoscopic and hysteroscopic procedures in these years. Her expertise is mainly in handling difficult procedures like laparoscopy in severe and recurrent endometriosis, removal of large and multiple fibroids, laparoscopic repair of prolapsed uterus. One of her areas of interest is the performance of minimally invasive procedures during pregnancy, including laparoscopic cervical cerclage in pregnancy, which is used in the prevention of unexpected pregnancy loss in mothers prone to miscarriages due to cervical incompetence.
She is one of the leading urogynecologists in Dubai who routinely performs sling procedures for stress urinary incontinence. She is also experienced in the surgical correction of pelvic fistulas and prolapses.
Her special interest is in performing complicated surgeries with very minimal scar to the patient, which approach provides the maximum post-operative comfort and cosmetic appearance.
Dr. Alphy is a gifted teacher of minimally invasive techniques. To date, she has provided training in laparoscopic gynecology procedures to more than 350 gynecologists from India, the Middle East and South-East Asia. She has been invited as a speaker to many International and national conferences and has demonstrated various procedures as surgical faculty in many live endoscopic and laparoscopic surgical workshops.
She is also a passionate health educator for the public, and has given numerous public lectures and presentations, particularly in the field of women’s health.
Her core competencies are:
- All types of advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery
- Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain
- Laparoscopic surgery in severe endometriosis and adenomyosis
- Laparoscopic excision of bowel, bladder and rectovaginal endometriosis
- Fibroids and menstrual disorders
- Laparoscopic myomectomy (for large and multiple fibroids)
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (any size uterus and with previous surgeries) Fertility enhancing surgeries (correction of uterine anomalies) as:
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (any size uterus and with previous surgeries)
- Fertility enhancing surgeries (correction of uterine anomalies)
- Laparoscopic cervical cerclage in recurrent pregnancy loss
- Laparoscopic prolapse repair
- Hysteroscopic surgeries (like septal resection, hysteroscopic myomectomy)
- Laparoscopy in emergencies (ruptured ectopic pregnancy, ovarian torsion)
- Urogynecology and pelvic floor repair
- Stress urinary incontinence (TVT, TVT-O)
Degree: Sunrise Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, India
Residency: Advanced Laparoscopy from IRCAD, Strasbourg, France
- Dr. Alphy worked for three years at another private hospital in Dubai as Advanced Gynecological laparoscopic Surgeon and for seven years at Sunrise Institute of Medical Science, Kochi, which is an apex center for minimally invasive surgery in India.
Procedures Performed : 8,000
- Cervical Cerclage
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Ectopic Pregnancy Surgery
- Endometriosis Treatment
- Gynecology Consultation
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Consultation
- Pelvic Floor Repair
- Pregnancy Care
- Treatment Of Stress Incontinence
- Urinary Incontinence
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Urogynaecology Association
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology