Dr. Arasa Raj Sinnathuray
Address: Block A & Block B, 282 & 286, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, 50450, Malaysia
About the Doctor
Dr. Arasa Raj Sinnathuray went to medical school at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (Dublin) graduating in 1994 (MB BCh). He continued his surgical training in Northern Ireland, UK, and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 1999 (FRCS in General Surgery and FRCS in ENT Surgery). He was then appointed to the 6-year Northern Ireland (United Kingdom) Type I Specialist Registrar rotation in ENT Surgery. He passed Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery exit exam in the UK (FRCS (ORL-HNS)) at first attempt, was awarded a UK Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCT) in ENT Surgery, and subsequently admitted to the ENT Surgery / Otolaryngology UK General Medical Council Specialist Register in 2009 (Roll No. 4557128). He also obtained a Doctorate in Medicine (MD) by thesis on Cochlear Implants and Genetics from Queen’s University Belfast (United Kingdom) in 2007. He also completed advanced Ear Surgery Fellowships in France (2009) and the United Kingdom (2010).
He has been an invited speaker at the Malaysian Society Of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery annual meetings.
He has obtained advanced surgical training in the United Kingdom to a high standard in all aspects of Ear Nose and Throat Surgery. He is a ‘United Kingdom (UK) board-certified’ specialist, with a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCT) in Otorhinolaryngology, and is on the United Kingdom General Medical Council Specialist Register in Otolaryngology and Malaysian National Specialist Register in Otorhinolaryngology. He has sub-specialized in Otology involving cochlear implants, active middle ear implants, ossiculoplasty, and laser-assisted stapes surgery. He also performs cholesteatoma surgery with the assistance of a laser, preserving the ear canal (reducing life-long cleaning and better for swimming) and preserving the ossicles where possible (with resultant better hearing)). He practices as a Consultant ENT Surgeon using the latest equipment, with a special interest in Otology & Rhinology.View Contact Details
Degree: MB BCh from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (Dublin) 1994
Residency: Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Consultant Specialist ENT Surgeon and an Associate Professor at the University Malaya Medical Centre.
- Consultant Specialist ENT Surgeon (Visiting) at Tropicana Medical Centre since 2012.
- Consultant Specialist ENT Surgeon (Resident) at Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur since2012.
- First surgeon in Malaysia to perform Electro-Acoustic Stimulation Surgery (Cochlear Implant and Acoustic amplification for partial deafness), KTP Laser-Assisted Cholesteatoma Surgery, KTP Laser-Assisted Revision Stapes Surgery, Vibrant Soundbridge Middle Ear Implant Surgery with a Vibroplasty Coupler, and Surgical Reconstruction of the Posterior ear canal with a Titanium plate.
- Other complex operations performed which are rare in Malaysia include Bonebridge Implant Surgery, KTP Laser-Assisted Ossiculoplasty (using a Kurz titanium prosthesis), and Canalplasty.
- BAHA (Bone-Anchored Hearing Aid)
- Cholesteatoma Surgery
- Cochlear Implant
- Diagnosis and Treatment Of Snoring And Sleep Apnea Syndrome
- ENT Consultation
- Foreign Body and Ear Wax Removal
- Grommets Insertion
- Hearing Aid
- Hearing Assessment
- Middle Ear Analysis
- Sinus Surgery
- Snoring Treatment Consultation
- Turbinate Surgery
- Vertigo Treatment
- United Kingdom General Medical Council Specialist Register in Otolaryngology
- Malaysian National Specialist Register in Otorhinolaryngology