Dr. Cheong Fook Meng
Address: Block A & Block B, 282 & 286, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, 50450, Malaysia
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Cheong is a comprehensive Ophthalmologist with a predominant interest in refractive cataract surgery and specialty interest in glaucoma and external eye conditions such as pterygium. He graduated from University College London (UCL). He started his ophthalmology training in Moorfields Eye Hospital and obtained his higher surgical training in the Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals training rotation in London.
He is involved in the teaching of cataract surgery in the region and participates actively in international meetings. He is invited on a regular basis by industry partners to speak on advanced technology intraocular lenses and other aspects of cataract surgery.View Contact Details
Degree: MBBS from the University College London (UCL)
Residency: Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals
- Resident Consultant at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- One of the pioneers in Malaysia for sutureless small incision cataract surgery and sutureless conjunctival grafting in pterygium surgery, both performed under eyedrop anesthesia.
- First in Malaysia and among the first in the region to implant a variety of toric monofocal and multifocal intraocular lenses to reduce pre-existing astigmatism and spectacle dependence, for far and near vision, at the time of cataract surgery.
- First in Asia-Pacific to implant the PanOptix trifocal intraocular lens (IOL).
- First in Asia to implant the Clareon intraocular lens with a novel fully automated hand-held IOL delivery device.
- Cataract Surgery
- Conjunctival Cyst Treatment
- Cornea Transplant
- Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment
- Eyelid Surgery
- Glaucoma Examination and Treatment
- Intravitreal Injection
- Ophthalmology Consultation
- Pterygium Removal/Surgery
- Refractive Eye Surgery
- Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
- Routine Retinal Evaluation