Dr. Enric Cáceres
Address: Carrer de Sabino Arana, 5, 19, Barcelona, Catalunya, 08028, Spain
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Enric Cáceres is the Head of the Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery Department at the Hospital Universitari Dexeus Grupo Quirónsalud. He combines this job with teaching at the Surgery Department of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona where he has been a Tenured Professor since 1995 and is the President of the Education Committee of the European Federation of Scientific Associations of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology. Throughout his career, he has carried out a great amount of scientific works focused on the genetics of lumbar fusion and scoliosis.
He is a member of 25 scientific committees and is an internationally renowned expert in the treatment of spine pathologies. Some of the athletes with spine related pathologies he has treated are rally driver Josep Maria Servià or football players such as Touré Yayá, Albert Lopo or Santiago Cazorla and Josep Guardiola, among others. Forbes Magazine has identified Dr. Enric Cáceres as one of the best trauma medicine and orthopaedic surgeons in Spain.View Contact Details
- Head of the Spinal Unit at ICATME (Catalan Institute of Trauma and Sports Medicine), Dexeus University Hospital.
- Member of the Immediate Response Unit in the MotoGP Medical Team.
- Shift Supervisor at Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Badalona, Barcelona, from 1984 to 1992.
- Head of Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma Medicine (Competitive Examination) at Josep Trueta Hospital, Girona, 1992-93
- Head of Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma Medicine at Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital, (Competitive Examination), Barcelona, 1993 until 31st December 2003.
- Medical Director of Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital for 1999 and 2000. Head of Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma Medicine at IMAS (Municipal Healthcare Institute), Hospital del Mar and Hospital de l’Esperança, Barcelona, January 2003-December 2009.
- Trauma Medicine Coordinator at Vall d'Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus from January 2010 to present.
- Associate Professor, Health Policy & Management Department at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 1st October 2009.
- University Professor, starting 13th January 2009.
- Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma Medicine, Surgery Department, Barcelona Autonomous University, February 1995.
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Barcelona Autonomous University, 1988-1995.
- Second and Third Level Professor of Anatomy, Catalan Federation of Gymnastics, 1982-1985.
- Assistant Professor of Practical Classes at the Department of Anatomy, Barcelona Autonomous University, 1978.
- 19 led theses with Cum Laude qualification.
- Preferred line of research: Spinal surgery - 317 publications; 115 articles: 61 International and indexed (Impact Factor: 142,32 / H Factor:13) and 54 articles in national journals; 69 books.
- President of EFORT, 2015-16
- President of SECOT, 2008-2010
- President of the Catalan Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma Medicine, 2006-2008
- Member of the National Speciality Commission, 2008-December 2012
- Member of Barcelona Football Club Medical Commission