Dr. Haitham Talo
Address: PO Box 282890, Dubai Mall, Fashion Parking, Level 7, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Talo earned his medical degree from Damascus University School of Medicine in 1988. He completed his Pediatric Residency training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, in 1993 and his Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship training at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, USA in 1996.
Dr. Talo is American Board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Cardiology. In addition, he is an adjunct staff at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
His core competencies are:
- Assessing and managing pediatric cardiology patients from birth until 18 years of age with special interest and expertise in clinical cardiology and non-invasive cardiac imaging especially echocardiography.
- Assessing and managing patients in the pre and post-operative period of cardiac surgical intervention
- Assessing cardiac murmurs in the pediatric population
- Assessing chest pain in the pediatric population
- Non-invasive assessment and management of pediatric cardiac rhythm abnormalities
- Assessing and managing pediatric cardiology patients with any type of simple or complex congenital heart lesions
Degree: Damascus University School of Medicine
Residency: Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Currently associated with Mediclinic Dubai Mall and Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Dubai, UAE.
- 2012 - 2018 - Division Chief of Pediatric Cardiology at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (SKMC), Abu Dhabi
- 2006 - 2018 - Senior pediatric cardiology consultant at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (SKMC), Abu Dhabi
- Over 25 years of experience in many leading medical organisations and institutions in the USA, UAE and Syria.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Cardiology