Dr. James M Snyder
Address: 1 Ford Pace, Detroit, Michigan, 48202, United States, Wayne State University
About the Doctor / Professional
I specialize in neuro-oncology and care for people faced with brain tumors, cancer involving the nervous system, and other conditions that bridge neurology and cancer. My number one priority is to be the best possible advocate for my patients and their loved ones so that every person is provided the highest level of care possible that aligns with their individual needs. I am dedicated to offering access to clinical trials and novel treatment strategies. At the Hermelin Brain Tumor Center we offer multidisciplinary care every step of the way so that our patients receive the best possible care at the right time in the context of a comprehensive and supportive specialty neuro-oncology clinic.
I completed my undergraduate and medical education at Michigan State University. I then completed an internship at Detroit Medical Center Huron Valley Hospital, followed by neurology residency training through Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine at Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital. I completed my neuro-oncology fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit in 2016.
My research interest include addressing access to care disparities in healthcare, finding better treatments for neuro-oncologic conditions through clinical trials, and bringing new technology into healthcare delivery. I participate in the bio-informatics lab at the Hermelin Brain Tumor Center and the radiomics research group.View Contact Details
Degree: Michigan State University MI 2010
Residency: Henry Ford Hospital, Neurooncology, MI, 2015
- My number one priority is to be the best possible advocate for my patients. I pride myself to provide the highest level of care that aligns with their individual needs.
- At the Hermelin Brain Tumor Center we offer multidisciplinary care every step of the way so that our patients receive the best possible care.
- Glioma CpG island methylator phenotype (G-CIMP): biological and clinical implications.
- Advances in multidisciplinary therapy for meningiomas.
- A Distinct DNA Methylation Shift in a Subset of Glioma CpG Island Methylator Phenotypes during Tumor Recurrence.
- Clinical and research applications of a brain tumor tissue bank in the age of precision medicine.
- Intraclass Correlations of Measured Magnetic Resonance Imaging Volumes of Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy-Treated High-Grade Gliomas.
- The role of tumor board conferences in neuro-oncology: a nationwide provider survey.
- Developing Real-world Evidence-Ready Datasets: Time for Clinician Engagement.
- American Brain Tumor Association
- Clinical Trials.gov
- Collaborative Ependymoma Research Network
- National Brain Tumor Foundation & the National Cancer Institute.
- Henry Ford Cancer Institute
- Hermelin Brain Tumor Center