Dr. José Tabuenca
Address: Hospital Universitario Quirónsalud Madrid c/ Diego de Velázquez, 1 Pozuelo de Alarcón Madrid, Madrid, Madrid, Comunidad de, 28223, Spain
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. José is the Head of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology Department. He has a Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Madrid He combines his work as an orthopedic surgeon with a professor of this subject at the European University of Madrid
He has completed his training at the Ortopädische Universitätsklinic Balgrist in Zurich (Switzerland), the Rizzoli Institute in Bologna (Italy) and at the Myo Clinic in Rochester Minnessota in the United States.
He specializes in arthroscopy and reconstructive surgery of the shoulder, elbow, hand, wrist and hip.View Contact Details
Degree: Doctor of Medicine from the Autonomous University of Madrid
Residency: Orthopädische Universitätsklinik Balgrist de Zürich (SWITZERLAND)
- Degree of Doctor "cum laude" obtained by the PhD thesis and read at the Autonomous University of Madrid. School of Medicine.
- Department of Surgery Reading date: September 22, 2004 entitled "Response capacity of osteoporotic bone to implants coated with hydroxyapatite. Histological and densitometric study in ovariectomized rats"
- Title of Specialist in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology issued in Madrid in January 1992
- Specialist in the Area of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology at the General Hospital of Móstoles (Madrid) from 1992 to 1997
- Specialist in the Area of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology by competition-opposition at the Alcorcón Hospital Foundation (Madrid) 1998 -2008
- Project Manager as Head of Bone Extraction and Processing at the Alcorcón Hospital Foundation (Madrid) since 2003-2008
- Complementary training inOrthopädische Universitätsklinik Balgrist de Zürich (SWITZERLAND), Istituto RIZZOLI of Bologna (ITALY) Miami Hand Center (Miami, Florida, USA) Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minnesotta, USA).
- Numerous publications in National and International journals of the specialty Author of several chapters in books of the specialty
- More than 50 papers in National and International Courses and Congresses.
- 2nd prize Fremap 1995
- 1st prize SECOT osteoarthritis in images "rotator cuff arthropathy" 2001
- 1st prize SOMACOT - MSD in basic research 2001
- 1st prize MUPRESPA 2001
- 1st prize for the best scientific poster. IX Congress of the Spanish Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 2007
- Secretary of the Spanish Society of Shoulder Surgery and Elbow
- Member of the Spanish Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (SECOT) Full
- Member of the Matritense Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (SOMACOT)
- Member of the International Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (SICOT) (1993-1997)
- Member of AO-Alumni (1998-2000)
- Partner of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery (AAOS)
- Partner of the Spanish Association of Arthroscopy
- Partner of the Society Spanish Hand Surgery
- Member of the European Society of Wrist Arthroscopy (EWAS)