Dr. Karim Medhat Elmasry
Address: P O Box 505004, Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr Karim Elmasry is a British, Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology dual accredited obstetrician and gynaecologist and subspecialist gynecological oncologist.
Dr Elmasry's career has taken him all over the world as a surgeon, presenter and educator. In addition to his work at Mediclinic City Hospital, he is also Head of Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, and gynaecological oncologist at Al Noor Hospital Airport Branch in Abu Dhabi. As one of the few western board certified gynae-oncologists in the UAE, he is committed to helping women with gynaecological malignancies and is frequently called upon as an expert for difficult benign and cancer gynaecological cases throughout the UAE.
Dr Elmasry trained and started his career in the UK. He qualified from the University of Nottingham Medical School and underwent training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in major teaching hospitals in Nottingham and London including Queen's Medical Centre, University College London, St Bartholomew's Hospital and Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital. He specialised in minimal access surgery and, after obtaining his CCT in ObGyn, underwent a fellowship training programme in Gynaecological Oncology at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, UK.
He joined Tawam Hospital, Al Ain, in 2009 and was appointed as Chief of Division of Gynaecological Oncology. In 2013, he was appointed as Chair of the ObGyn Department at Mafraq Hospital in Abu Dhabi to lead the development of gynaecological oncology services in the city of Abu Dhabi.
Dr Elmasry has been actively involved in research throughout his career and has set up international collaborative studies with many entities. He has received many national and international awards for his work helping women with gynaecological cancers including the 2015 'Al Wessam Champion' (SEHA Best Physician category in the 'Physician & Technical Award' Category). He is often ask to speak on TV and radio as an expert on this topic.
Dr. Karim's core competencies are:
- Minimal access surgery (laparoscopic and hysteroscopic)
- Screening for diseases of the cervix (HPV testing and colposcopy)
- Managing complex gynaecological cases of endometriosis and fibroids
- Managing cancers of the uterus, ovaries, cervix and vulva
- Counselling and managing patients for familial cancers of the ovary, uterus and breast
Degree: Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Residency: Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, UK
- Currently working as a Consultant Gynecologist & Gynecology Oncologist in Mediclinic City Hospital & Mediclinic City Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Centre - Dubai
- He is also a Consultant Gynecologist & Gynecology Oncologist at Al Noor Hospital Airport Branch in Abu Dhabi
- In 2009, Dr Elmasry worked in Tawam Hospital and was appointed as a Chief of Division of Gynecological Oncology.
- In 2013, he was appointed as Chair of the ObGyn Department at Mafraq Hospital in Abu Dhabi to lead the development of gynaecological oncology services in the city of Abu Dhabi
- 2015 'Al Wessam Champion' - SEHA Best Physician category in the 'Physician & Technical Award' Category
- Cervical Cancer Treatment
- Endometriosis Treatment
- Gynecology Consultation
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Test and Vaccine
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Consultation
- Ovarian Cancer Treatment
- Uterine Cancer Treatment