Dr. Michael A Charters
Address: 1 Ford Pace, Detroit, Michigan, 48202, United States, Wayne State University
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Charters graduated summa cum laude from the University of Michigan College of Engineering where he also obtained his master of engineering degree in biomedical engineering. He received his medical degree from the University of Michigan. He underwent residency training at Henry Ford where he was chief resident. Following this, he completed an additional year of subspecialty training dedicated to hip and knee replacement surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Charters is board certified in orthopedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Charters performs surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, and Cottage Medical Center. He has been recognized for providing high-quality joint replacement care.
Dr. Charters is active in research to improve the recovery and outcomes after joint replacement surgery.
Dr. Charters is the recipient of several research awards including the Edward D. Henderson Award from the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association in 2014 and 2020, the Orthopaedics journal "Best Clinical Article Award" in 2016 and 2019 and “Blue Ribbon Article Award” March/April 2017 and September/October 2019, and Best Research Project at the Detroit Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 3 years in a row.View Contact Details
Degree: University of Michigan Medicine MI 2009
Residency: Henry Ford Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery, MI
- He specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery and robotic knee replacement.
- Dr. Charters has been recognized for providing high quality joint replacement care.
- Dr. Charters graduated summa cum laude from the University of Michigan College of Engineering where he also obtained his master of engineering degree in biomedical engineering.
- He completed an additional year of subspecialty training dedicated to hip and knee replacement surgery at the Cleveland Clinic.
- Dr. Charters performs surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, and Cottage Medical Center.
- Hour Detroit "Top Doctors" award in Orthopaedic Surgery in 2018 and 2019.
- Recognized in the “Healthgrades Honor Roll”.
- Recipient of numerous research awards nationally, regionally, and locally.
- Edward D. Henderson Award from the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association in 2014 and 2020
- The Orthopaedics journal "Best Clinical Article Award" in 2016 and 2019
- “Blue Ribbon Article Award” March/April 2017 and September/October 2019
- Best Research Project at the Detroit Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 3 years in a row.
- Aphid Herbivory Drives Asymmetry in Carbon for Nutrient Exchange between Plants and an Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungus.
- Pain Control After Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial Determining Efficacy of Fascia Iliaca Compartment Blocks in the Immediate Postoperative Period.
- Radiographic Predictors of Screw Cutout for Intertrochanteric Fractures Treated With Cephalomedullary Nails.
- Effect of Acetylsalicylic Acid Dose and Time Discontinued Preoperatively on Outcomes After Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty.
- Indwelling Urinary Catheter for Total Joint Arthroplasty Using Epidural Anesthesia.
- Emergency Department Visit Within One Year Prior to Elective Total Joint Arthroplasty Is Predictive of Postoperative Return to Emergency Department Within 90 Days.
- Hip Fracture Mortality: Differences Between Intertrochanteric and Femoral Neck Fractures.
- Understanding maternal dietary choices during pregnancy: The role of social norms and mindful eating.
- Preparing mental health professionals for new directions in mental health practice: Evaluating the sensory approaches e-learning training package.
- Short Versus Long Cephalomedullary Nails for Pertrochanteric Hip Fracture.
- Effect of Body Mass Index on Blood Transfusion in Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.
- Examining the Effectiveness of Climate Change Frames in the Face of a Climate Change Denial Counter-Frame.
- Intraoperative Periprosthetic Femur Fracture: A Biomechanical Analysis of Cerclage Fixation.
- Rivaroxaban Versus Enoxaparin for Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis after Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.Predictors and complications of blood transfusion in total hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Evaluating the use and utility of noninvasive angiography in diagnosing traumatic blunt cerebrovascular injury.
- Statin cost-effectiveness in the United States for people at different vascular risk levels.
- The impact of a screensaver in promoting hand hygiene.
- BLyS: member of the tumor necrosis factor family and B lymphocyte stimulator.
- The patient representative role and sources of power.
- Power, politics & people.
- Arthritis Treatment
- Congenital Hip Dislocation Treatment
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Hip Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Injection
- Joint Replacement and Revisions
- Knee Ligament Surgery (ACL)
- Knee Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Knock Knees Treatment
- Orthopedics Consultation