Dr. Miguel Ángel López Costea
Address: Plaza Alfonso Comín, 5 08023 Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalunya, 08023, Spain
About the Doctor
Dr. Miguel Ángel López Costea is a renowned surgeon specialized in the treatment of urological cancers using the Da Vincisystem. He is also the Organiser and Professor of the Experimental and Clinical Laparoscopic Surgery course, which takes place biannually at the Animal Facility of the University of Barcelona and Bellvitge University Hospital (2005 - present). He is currently Head of the Urology Unit at Quriónsalud Barcelona Hospital. His team performs different laparoscopic and endoscopic surgical techniques, which enables them to resolve a large number of oncological and restorative processes, such as prostate cancer, kidney cancer, bladder cancer, urolithiasis (stones) or urinary tract malformations. Furthermore, the team performs minimally invasive surgery to be able to treat previously inoperable patients.
Dr. Miguel Ángel López Costea is also the author of numerous scientific publications and articles as well as books. He is also the author and co-author of 130 presentations and papers to national and international congresses and various textbook chapters on the speciality as well as published 37 articles in national and international specialised journals.View Contact Details
- 1989-present - Specialist at the Department of Urology, Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB) by competitive examination.
- 1989 - 2000 - Member of the Transplant Coordination Team at HUB.
- 1989 - 2002 - Member of the Lithiasis and Endourology Unit, Department of Urology at HUB.
- 1989 - present - Member of the Kidney Extraction and Transplantation Team at HUB.
- 1998 - present - Member of the Urological Oncology Unit at HUB.
- 2000 - present - Coordinator of the Kidney Oncology Division, Department of Urology at HUB.
- 2002 - present - Member of the Laparoscopic Surgery Unit, Department of Urology at HUB.
- 1992 - present - Member of the Quirónsalud Barcelona Hospital Faculty
- 2004 - present - Associate Professor at the Department of Clinical Science, University of Barcelona
- Member of the European Association of Urology and Society of Robotic Surgery.