Dr. Miguel Morcillo
Address: Dubai Healthcare City, PO Box 505054, District 1, Al Razi Building 64, Block E, Floor 3, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor
Dr. Miguel Morcillo is a Consultant Ophthalmologist, specialised in Cornea, Cataract and Refractive (Vision Correction – LASIK, LASEK, TransPRK, Intraocular Multifocal and Phakic Lenses) Surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai in Dubai Healthcare City.
Dr. Miguel holds a Spanish Degree in Medicine from the Universitat de Valencia and he completed his Residency in Ophthalmology under the MIR (Medico Interno Residente) system of the Spanish Ministry of Health. He has more than 25 years of experience, most of which was attained in Spain and Italy. He moved to the UAE in 2017 and has been practicing in the UAE since that time.
Dr. Miguel started his career working with Clinica Baviera, the largest private ophthalmology group in Europe, in Madrid and Valencia. He helped develop many of the refractive treatments offered today, such as LASIK, LASEK, ICLs and multifocal IOLs, in addition to collaborations with other hospitals in order to provide high quality cataract and refractive surgery to patients.
Dr. Miguel trained in cornea surgery at NIIOS Eye Institute (Rotterdam). He has worked as educator for other surgeons in the fields of anterior segment and refractive surgery.
He is a member of “Surgical Eye Expeditions International” since 1999, an American non-governmental organization that arranges eye camps around the world. Dr. Miguel has assisted several eye charity camps in numerous countries of Africa, in addition to Peru, Panama and India, providing free eye care and performing surgeries to those who could not afford it, in less developed areas.
His research efforts include surgical topics and outcomes such as Ultrathin LASIK, Keratoconus screening, ICLs, and multifocal IOLs, among others. He has presented various papers in national and international congresses and journals, and organised educational courses on refractive surgery for peers and opticians.View Contact Details
Degree: Servicio de Oftalmologia. Hospital General Universitario de Castellon
Residency: MIR (Medico Interno Residente)
- Dr. Miguel started his career working with Clinica Baviera, the largest private ophthalmology group in Europe, in Madrid and Valencia.
- He has worked as educator for other surgeons in the fields of anterior segment and refractive surgery.
- He moved to the UAE in 2017 and has been practicing in the UAE since that time.
- Dr. P C Mahendra Memorial ACOIN International Award in India
- Surgical Eye Expeditions International
- Sociedad Española de Oftalmologia (SEO)
- Panamerican Association of Ophthalmology (PAAO)
- European Vitreoretinal Society (EVRS)