Dr. Mohamed Sayed
Address: Dubai Healthcare City, PO Box 505054, District 1, Al Razi Building 64, Block E, Floor 3, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Mohamed Sayed, MD is an internationally recognized Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon specializing in cataract, glaucoma, and anterior segment surgery in adults and children at Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai, Dubai Healthcare City. He has undergone advanced fellowship training in glaucoma as well as pediatric ophthalmology at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Florida, USA, and is one of a handful of specialists with dual training in these two subspecialties.
Dr. Sayed has more than 13 years of international experience in Ophthalmology. His areas of expertise are in the medical and surgical management of glaucoma and cataract, including minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS). His surgical innovations include refining techniques of glaucoma drainage devices to render them less invasive and combining minimally invasive techniques (laser, canaloplasty and miniature stents) to achieve optimal intraocular pressure control.
Dr. Sayed is an accomplished researcher with numerous publications in major ophthalmology journals and book chapters to his credit. His publications on laser surgery techniques in glaucoma are considered authoritative in the subject. He regularly presents his research at international meetings and has been invited to train his fellow ophthalmologists on advanced glaucoma surgical techniques in several workshops in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East.
Residency: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Florida, USA
- Currently associated with Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai, Dubai Healthcare City as Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon specializing in Cataract, Glaucoma, and anterior segment surgery in adults and children
- Eight years experience in tertiary-level advanced Glaucoma and Cataract care at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, USA, where he also served as Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology
- Clinical faculty of Florida State University
- Dr. Sayed received a prestigious award for clinician scientists from the American Glaucoma Society to conduct cutting-edge research on Artificial Intelligence in Glaucoma.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Glaucoma Society
- American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the International Council of Ophthalmology
- Diplomate of the Saudi Board of Ophthalmology