Dr. Osama Giledi
Address: Dubai Healthcare City, PO Box 505054, District 1, Al Razi Building 64, Block E, Floor 3, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor
Dr Osama Giledi is a highly experienced consultant ophthalmologist who specialises in Cornea, Anterior Segment, Cataract and Refractive Surgery. He is also skilled in managing ocular surface problems including severe dry eye and Stem cell deficiency. He performs small incision phacoemulsification for his cataract surgery and is experienced in using toric and multifocal premium intraocular lenses. Dr Giledi expertise in managing complex corneal conditions includes all types of modern corneal graft procedures, such as DALK and DSAEK. He has performed more than 23,000 refractive surgeries including Lasik, LASEK, Intralase LASIK and Trans PRK, as well as phakic IOLs. He delivers the latest treatment for keratoconus including Intracorneal ring segments, corneal cross- linking and complex laser treatment.
Dr Giledi graduated from Libya and completed his ophthalmic training in the UK, attaining a Fellowship in Ophthalmology from The Royal College of Edinburgh in 1996. He completed 2 years of higher subspecialty training fellowship on the anterior segment, Cornea and refractive surgery on 2003 at the prestigeous Corneoplastic Unit and Eye Bank at Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead. He worked as a Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Centre for Sight London and also at the Corneoplastic Unit and Eye Bank at Queen Victoria Hospital. Dr Giledi relocated to Dubai on 2013 after 22 years’ experience in the UK, providing anterior segment, Cornea, Refractive and cataract surgery services.
In addition to his clinical commitments, Dr. Giledi has extensive experience in teaching and training, he is a noted presenter at national and international meetings, and he has an extensive body of research published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.View Contact Details
Degree: Tripoli Eye Hospital Libya
Residency: The Royal College of Edinburgh, 1996
- He worked as a Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Centre for Sight London and also at the Corneoplastic Unit and Eye Bank at Queen Victoria Hospital.
- Dr. Giledi relocated to Dubai on 2013 after 22 years’ experience in the UK, providing anterior segment, Cornea, Refractive, and cataract surgery services.
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Cross-linking
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Intracorneal Ring Segment (ICRS) Implantation
- Intraocular Lens (IOL) Implant
- Laser Eye Surgery (LASEK)
- Laser Eye Surgery (LASIK)
- Ophthalmology Consultation
- Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
- Refractive Eye Surgery
- Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE)
- Royal College Surgeons of Edinburgh
- United Kingdom & Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.