Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat
Address: CH Baktawar Singh Road, Sector 38, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
About the Doctor
Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat is the Group Chairman of the Kidney and Urology Institute at Medanta and a world-renowned name in the field of Minimally Invasive Urology and Renal Transplants with more than 39 years of experience. He is credited with establishing high-volume Urology and Renal Transplant programs at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi, and Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram. An accomplished endourologist, laparoscopic and robotic surgeon, Dr. Ahlawat pioneered the world’s first Robotic Kidney Transplant (RKT) with regional hypothermia.
A teacher and academician at heart, Dr. Ahlawat initiated Urology training M.Ch. and D.N.B. programs at all previous institutions of his association. He was awarded the Chakraborty Fellowship by Indian American Urological Association for year 1992 and PN Berry Fellowship in 1995. He was honored with the title of Honorary Lecturer conferred to him by the University College London Hospitals (UCLH), U.K. in 1995 during his stint at Institute of Urology and Nephrology.View Contact Details
Degree: MNAMS (General Surgery) DNB Board New Delhi 1982
Residency: MCh (Urology) AIIMS, New Delhi 1986
- Has pioneered the world's first Robotic Renal Transplant.
- Credited with establishing 4 successful Urology and Suprarrenal Transplant programs in India.
- Recipient of 2016 President's Gold Medal by USI
- Kalyan Pharmacy Gold Medal, 1972.
- Certificate of Honour (Obst. & Gyn.), 1976.
- Kashi Ram Dhawan Gold Medal, 1980.
- P. N. Berry Scholarship, 1994.
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (First Prize), 2003.
- Best Poster Award, 2004.
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (First Prize), 2005.
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (second prize), 2005.
- Chandigarh Best Video (First Prize), 2006.
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (First Prize), 2008.
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (First Prize), 2011.
- Chandigarh Best Video (First Prize), 2011.
- Indian Journal Cancer : Utilization of pelvic lymph node dissection in patients undergoing robot-assisted radical prostatectomy in India versus the United States - A Vattikuti Collective Quality Initiative database analysis, 2017.
- Urology : Conversion of Robot-assisted Partial Nephrectomy to Radical Nephrectomy: A Prospective Multi-institutional Study, 2018.
- BJU International : 'Trifecta' outcomes of robot-assisted partial nephrectomy in solitary kidney: a Vattikuti Collective Quality Initiative (VCQI) database analysis, 2018.
- Indian Journal Urology : Commentary on Transperitoneal laparoscopic left versus right live donor nephrectomy: Comparison of outcomes, 2014.
- Indian Journal Urology : Trans-sinus fat laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for parahilar tumors, 2011.
- Indian Journal Urology : Suprapubic transvesical single-port technique for control of lower end of ureter during laparoscopic nephroureterectomy for upper tract transitional cell carcinoma, 2011.
- Journal Urology : Treatment of ureteral calculi with extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy using the Lithostar device, 1991.
- Urological Society of India (USI).
- National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- American Urological Association (AUA).
- EndoUrology Society.
- Society Internationale de Urology.