Dr. Raúl F. Abella
Address: Carrer de Sabino Arana, 5, 19, Barcelona, Catalunya, 08028, Spain
About the Doctor
Dr. Raúl Felipe Abellá is a consultant in pediatric cardiovascular surgery. His centre has international professionals who treat all types of congenital heart diseases; with over 25 years’ experience and over 3000 heart operations, including the most complicated procedures, the centre has an Aristotle Basic Complexity Score of 7.3, a post-operative survival rate of 98.2%, and a hospital rate of 97%, which all comply with the international standards of centres of excellence at world level.
He is the Director of the Centre Cor Barcelona, located at the Hospital Universitari Dexeus Grupo Quirónsalud and Surgery Director of the Pediatric Heart Transplant for Catalonia. Dr. Abella is internationally renowned for his experience in congenital heart disease in pediatric patients, especially those with a great complexity, from neonatal to adult age. In this sense, he has seen over 5,000 patients suffering from this pathology and has conducted 56 missions as a cardiovascular surgeon in 9 countries as part of the humanitarian cooperation programme of the centre he manages.
Dr. Abella has participated in more than 100 national and international events as a speaker and has had 200View Contact Details
- Director of Barcelona International Heart Centre (CICB), Dexeus University Hospital (present)
- Head of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery at Vall d’Hebron University Hospital (2010-present)
- Collaboration on development aid program for pediatric cardiovascular surgery in developing countries
- 2002-2009: Cardiovascular surgery at IRCCS San Donato Polyclinic in Milan, ITALY
- 1995-2001: Cardiovascular surgery at Hesperia Hospital, Modena, ITALY
- 1991-1995: Cardiovascular surgery at Bambino Gesù Pediatric Hospital, Rome, ITALY
Procedures Performed : 3,000