Dr. Salam Alhasani
Address: PO Box 31500, Al Garhoud, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor
Dr. Alhasani has almost 20 years of professional and teaching experience in the field of Urology. Dr. Alhasani graduated from medical school at Al-Mustanseryia University, Baghdad / Iraq in 1998 with an honours degree. He acquired the Arab Board in Urology and the Jordanian Board in Urology in 2004. He acquired his MRCS (Dublin, Ireland) in 2006 and earned his Diploma in Laparoscopic Urological Surgery from France in 2009.
He worked as a consultant urologist at Dubai Health Authority (DHA) from August 2007 until April 2018. He also spent time in Jordan working for the Royal Medical Services/ King Hussein Medical City/ Queen Rania Center for Urology & Organ Transplant from January 2002 till July 2007.
He is an Assistant Professor in Dubai Medical College, teaching postgraduate and undergraduate medical students. In his earlier career he was a lecturer in the College of Medicine in Al-Mustanseryia University, Baghdad, Iraq. He is known for his academic contributions throughout his career with many papers and publications in the field of urology.
Dr. Alhasani is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland (Dublin), a fellow of the International College of Surgeons and an active international member of the European Urology Association and Canadian Urology Association.
His core competencies are:
- Endourology with special talent in a variety of endoscopic procedures and LASER in urology
- Minimally invasive procedures for treatment of different types of urinary stones (eg. ESWL, Ureteroscopy, PCNL) Laparoscopy in urology
- Uro-oncology and management of urinary tract tumours using updated technologies
- Men’s health and andrology: unique experience in sexual dysfunction and management of male erectile dysfunction, pioneer in surgical (eg. penile implant) and non-surgical (eg. PRP, ESWT) modalities of treatment for different types of male sexual diseases
- Female urology, mainly bladder dysfunction and incontinence surgical procedures (eg. TVT, TOT)
- Minimally invasive prostate procedures (REZUM, LASER, Bipolar-TURP)
Degree: Al-Mustanseryia University, Baghdad / Iraq, 1998
Residency: International College of Surgeons
- He worked as a consultant urologist at Dubai Health Authority (DHA) from August 2007 until April 2018
- He also spent time in Jordan working for the Royal Medical Services/ King Hussein Medical City/ Queen Rania Center for Urology & Organ Transplant from January 2002 till July 2007
- Calculi (Urinary Tract Stones)
- Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosis and Treatment
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Prostate Surgery
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
- Urinary Incontinence Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Urology Consultation
- Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland (Dublin)
- European Urology Association
- Canadian Urology Association