Dr. Salvador Esquena
Address: Viladomat 288 Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Salvador Esquena is a reputed specialist in Urology who heads the Transversal department of Urology at Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor, Catalunya General University Hospital and the Quirónsalud Vallès Clinic. After graduating in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona, he trained as a specialist in urology at Vall d'Hebron University Hospital and has pursued more than 40 national and international trainings. With extensive training and experience in urological oncological surgery, as well as in the comprehensive treatment of prostate diseases, he leads the 3D laparoscopic surgery team at Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor, a pioneer unit in Spain and Europe. Together with Dr. Rosales, Dr. Esquena has performed more than 4,000 3D laparoscopic surgeries.
Dr. Esquena conducts workshops and lectures at multiple universities, hospitals, regional medical colleges and associations such as the Spanish Association of Urology, Spanish Association of Patients with Cancer, Barcelona University, etc. He has authored of more than 45 national and international scientific publications and over 130 national and international presentations.
During his professional career, he has been recognized with different awards from medical journals and scientific associations.View Contact Details
Degree: University of Barcelona
Residency: Vall d’Hebrón University Hospital
- Head of the Transversal Department of Urology at Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor, Catalunya General University Hospital, and the Quirónsalud’s Vallès Clinic (currently)
- Member of the 3D laparoscopic surgery team at Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor in Barcelona, a Pioneer unit in Spain (currently)
- Leads the Urology team at Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor and Catalunya General University Hospital where more than 2,000 urological surgeries are performed annually in each center.
- Associate Professor in Urology at Universidad Autónoma of Barcelona.
- Adjunct member of the Uro-Oncology and Renal Transplant team at the Puigvert Foundation, dedicated to prostate cancer (for 12 years)
- Member of the Urolithiasis Unit at the Puigvert Foundation in Barcelona (for 2 years)
Procedures Performed : 4,000
- Together with Dr. Rosales, Dr. Esquena has performed more than 4,000 3D laparoscopic surgeries.
- Author of multiple clinic guidelines, several book chapters, and of the book “En la piel del paciente. – a self-criticism book about the profession”
- Author of more than 45 national and international scientific publications and over 130 national and international presentations.
- 4 research projects and clinical trials
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia
- Enlarged Prostate
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Surgical Oncology
- Urological Oncology
- 3D Laparoscopy
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Calculi (Urinary Tract Stones)
- Holmium laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP)
- Kidney Stones Treatment
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology
- Laser Prostatectomy
- Laser Treatment for BPH (Enlarged Prostate)
- Prostate Surgery
- Urology Consultation
- European Association of Urology
- Spanish Association of Urology
- Catalan Society of Urology
- Member of the Barcelona’s Official College of Doctors