Dr. Suhair Twaij
Address: Dubai Healthcare City, PO Box 505054, District 1, Al Razi Building 64, Block E, Floor 3, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Suhair Twaij is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon with a subspecialist interest in adult and pediatric Strabismus surgery, Pediatric Ophthalmology, adult Cataract Surgery and General Ophthalmology at Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai. She got her training in 2004 in England and Northern Ireland and was awarded the certificate of completion of training (CCT) in ophthalmology in the UK in 2012. She was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in the same year. She has over 20 years’ experience in general ophthalmology including cataract surgery, anterior and posterior segment such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.
Her areas of expertise include complex adult and pediatric squint surgery using adjustable technique when needed, double vision correction, adult cataract surgery with implant, Botox treatment for squints, double vison, blepharospasm and aesthetics.
Dr. Suhair is an avid researcher, and has Medline published papers in various ophthalmology topics such as medical retina, pediatric ophthalmology and oculoplastics.View Contact Details
Degree: Baghdad University Medical School - Iraq
- Currently working at Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- Clinical Lead for the adult motility service in Northern Ireland - 2014
- Worked as a Consultant Ophthalmologist in the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast - 2013
- Practiced in leading medical institutions such as The Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Altnagelvin Area Hospital, Northern Ireland, The Bristol Eye Hospital, England, and King Hussein Medical City Amman, Jordan.
- Binocular Diplopia (Double Vision)
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment
- Glaucoma Examination and Treatment
- Ophthalmology Consultation
- Pediatric Eye Disorders
- Squint Treatment
- Strabismus Treatment
- Vision Problems
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- The British & Irish Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Association (BIPOSA)
- The European Association of Strabismus (ESA)