Dr. Vijay Kher
Address: CH Baktawar Singh Road, Sector 38, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
About the Doctor
Dr. Vijay Kher is the Chairman of the Kidney and Urology Institute at Medanta. With more than 40 years of experience, Dr. Vijay Kher is among the best nephrologists in India. He has set up successful Nephrology departments at Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar, SGPGI, Lucknow, Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi and Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram. An astute clinician, a teacher par excellence and a keen researcher, Dr. Kher has more than 180 publications in peer reviewed journals and has delivered more than 350 lectures at national and international scientific events.View Contact Details
Degree: DNB (Nephrology) National Boards India 1980
Residency: Research Fellowship Hypertension, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, USA, 1981
- Set up high-volume Nephrology departments at several major hospitals in North India.
- Inspector for DNB and DM recognition for National Board of Examination and Medical Council of India.
- Published more than 180 research articles in peer reviewed journals.
- Professor K L Wig Oration, 2013
- J M Patel Oration, 2009
- R T Jain Oration, 2007
- Dr. B S Chaubey Oration, 2006
- Delhi Nephrology Society Oration, 2006
- Khullar Oration, 2005
- R K Jalota Oration, 1992
- Best Paper Award, Indian Society of Nephrology Annual conference, 2009
- Nephrology (Carlton) 2018 : Methodological Challenges to collecting Clinical and Economic Outcome Data: Lessons from the Pilot Dialysis Outcomes India Study. March 2018, 2018
- Kidney International 2018 : Primary outcomes of the Monitoring in Dialysis Study indicate that clinically significant arrhythmias are common in hemodialysis patients and related to dialytic cycle, 2018
- Pediatric Transplant 2018 : Pediatric ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation: Evolving with the advancing apheresis technology: A single-center experience, 2018
- The Journal of Vascular Access 2018 : Haemodialysis vascular access: current practices amongst Indian nephrologists, 2018
- Hemodialysis International 2018 : Feasibility of sustained low efficiency dialysis in critically sick pediatric patients: A multicentric retrospective study, 2018
- J Assoc Physicians India : Management of Hypertension in Chronic Kidney Disease: Consensus Statement by an Expert Panel of Indian Nephrologists, 2017
- Kidney International : A novel CFHR1-CFHR5 hybrid leads to a familial dominant C3 glomerulopathy, 2017
- Asian J Transfus Sci : Median channel shift less than the cutoff in flow cytometric crossmatch: Not to be ignored, 2017
- Pediatric Transplant : Pediatric renal transplant practices in India, 2018
- Kidney International : Understanding kidney care needs and implementation strategies in low- and middle-income countries: conclusions from a "Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes" (KDIGO) Controversies Conference, 2016
- American Society of Nephrology
- International Society of Nephrology
- Indian Society of Nephrology, Scientific and Credential Committee Past Chairman
- Transplantation Society
- Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative
Dr. Kher has more than 180 publications in peer reviewed journals and has delivered more than 350 lectures at national and international scientific events. His research interests are kidney transplantation (clinical immunosuppression, pre-emptive kidney transplantation and steroid-free immunosuppression, cost- containment), progression of renal disease, acute kidney injury and glomerulonephritis.
He has been awarded fellowships of National Academy of Medical Sciences, Royal College of Physicians Edinburg and Indian Society of Nephrology.