Dr. Wajiha Kheir
Address: Dubai Healthcare City, PO Box 505054, District 1, Al Razi Building 64, Block E, Floor 3, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Wajiha Kheir is a visiting Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Consultant Ophthalmologist, specialized in Medical Retina and Ocular Oncology at Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai in Dubai Healthcare City.
Dr. Wajiha completed her undergraduate studies and medical education at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon. She was awarded the BSc degree in Biology (2009) with high distinction and the Penrose Award, and the MD degree (2013) with induction to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) – Honor Medical Society. She then completed a year of Internal medicine Internship followed by three years of Ophthalmology residency at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (2017). Her subsequent sub-specialty training includes one year of Medical Retina fellowship and one year of Ocular Oncology with Clinical Pathology Concentration fellowship, both at the Duke Eye Center, Duke University School of Medicine.
Dr. Wajiha has eighteen peer-reviewed journal articles and 10 book chapters published. To date, her research work has been presented in over twenty posters and/or paper presentations at regional and international conferences. Her research interests relate to age-related macular degeneration, ophthalmic oncology, radiation retinopathy as well as retinal degenerations and electrophysiology of vision.View Contact Details
Degree: American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Residency: American University of Beirut Medical Center
- Currently associated with Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai - Dubai Healthcare City as visiting Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Consultant Ophthalmologist, specialized in Medical Retina and Ocular Oncology.
- More than five years of regional and international experience in Medical Retinal and Ocular Oncology in the United States and Lebanon.
- Practiced in leading medical institutions such as Duke University Health System and the American University of Beirut Medical Center.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Treatment
- Astigmatism Correction
- Chalazion Treatment
- Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Eye Examination
- Ocular Oncology
- Ophthalmology Consultation
- Presbyopia Treatment
- Retinal Detachment
- Uveitis Treatment
- Vitreous Floaters
- AOA Medical Honor Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retinal Specialists
- International Society of Ocular Oncology