Dr. Zubin Nalladaru
Address: P O Box 505004, Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Zubin qualified as a cardiothoracic surgeon from King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India. After obtaining his degree in 1992 he worked as a lecturer in cardiothoracic surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital, Mumbai. Here his work included performing surgeries and teaching postgraduate students. Following this, Dr. Zubin worked at Wellington Public Hospital, New Zealand as a senior registrar. His next assignment was a special postgraduate fellowship in cardiac surgery at the University of Alabama, USA. This group does 1600 open heart cases a year including heart and heart-lung transplantation.
Dr. Zubin joined Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Dubai in 2002 where he was instrumental in setting up the Dpartment of Cardiothoracic Surgery. He was part of the team which performed the first open heart surgery in a private hospital in the UAE. He is an expert in a wide variety of procedures including coronary artery bypass grafts, surgery for valvular heart diseases, surgery for diseases of the aorta and surgery for various lung diseases.
Dr. Zubin has presented a number of scientific papers at conferences and published numerous papers in international journals.
His core competencies are:
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery (surgery through small incisions)
- Total arterial revascularisation
- Endoscopic vessel harvesting
Degree: King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Residency: University of Alabama, USA
- Currently associated with Mediclinic City Hospital, Dubai, UAE as Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Worked at Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Dubai, UAE where he was instrumental in setting up Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery - 2002
- Senior Registrar at Wellington Public Hospital, New Zealand
- Lecturer at B.Y.L. Hospital, Mumbai, India
- Dr. Zubin was part of the team which performed the first open heart surgery in a private hospital in the UAE.